Phillips 4
    Dunn 7
    Encarnacion 5
    Hamilton 8
    Ross 2
    Lohse 1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Juan Castro, 2 hitter

unbelievable...the guy gets 2 hits last night...unbelievable. Maybe Narron is still remembering the LOB's from the bottom part of the order in game 1 so he put Hamilton down there to try and beef up the bottom of the lineup.

got alil captain in u?

narron is simply amazing castro in the 2 hole is enough to make me sick

Winning is secondary to having the perfect L-R-L-R-L-R-L-R lineup

I know people around here get tired of the Jerry bashing but can anyone really defend this move? As bad as Jerry's lineups are this is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. I'd fire Jerry for this alone.

I think you could dress a chimp up in a manager's uniform and get a better lineup than Castro hitting 2nd.

The only thing a chimp could do worse is to hit the pitcher leadoff in front of Castro. And I'm not so sure that's that much worse, isn't Lohse decent with the bat?

I'll try to defend Narron on this one.

1- It's not like other batters that have a higher OBP batting in the #2 spot have managed to score runs.

2 - Plus when good hitters are struggling in their spot in the lineup, everyone calls for them to be in a different spot. Castro does poorly in the 7-8 spots so moving him might help.

(OK, the second one's a stretch but the first one is pretty good, I think.)

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    I'll try to defend Narron on this one.

1- It's not like other batters that have a higher OBP batting in the #2 spot have managed to score runs.

2 - Plus when good hitters are struggling in their spot in the lineup, everyone calls for them to be in a different spot. Castro does poorly in the 7-8 spots so moving him might help.

(OK, the second one's a stretch but the first one is pretty good, I think.)
    I don't know if you can say #1 is a fact simply because there hasn't been any amount of consistency to prove it. Those with higher OBP are usually given one shot and then moved the next day. These hitters have no familiarity with those hitting before and after them so it is much more difficult to use "baseball" plays like hit and runs and so forth. Consistency is the key that hasn't been turned this year (or for the last 5 years).

I just happened to realize that 4 of the last 5 guys to manage the Reds (Knight, McKeon, Boone, Miley and Narron), shouldn't and won't ever get a managing job in MLB, again after their Reds tenure is over.

The guy they fired who did get another job, McKeon, won the World Series at his next job (Marlins). Bob C. said Narron is a "winner". I'd like to know what he's won in the past.

I've had it with inability to handle a pitching staff, his "new" lineup everynight, and his excuses for losing. Fire him and please, please, hire someone who is truly a winner.

I firmly believe that a good manager, and a few pointed additions to this team could certainly make them competetive in the pathetic NLC. And if we don't do this soon, it could be another 10 years before we can compete because all the talent has been wasted or destroyed.
    Last edited by Red in Atl; 06-07-2007 at 06:46 PM.

I wonder if Jerry will treat the big crowds this weekend with this lineup?

There is no defense for this move.

Jerry is a buffoon.

There's nothing worse, long-term, for a losing club than a manager flailing to save his job. There is absolutely no way I'd trust Narron with Homer Bailey after what's happened to Arroyo over the last month.

Senor Votto

I loathe Narron

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    There is no defense for this move.
    The best defense is a good offense. Unfortunately it seems he doesn't know the best way to put one together

Turn Off Ads?