Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Comp A Pick (34th overall): Todd Frazier , SS, Rutgers

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Re: Comp A Pick (34th overall): Todd Frazier , SS, Rutgers

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed07 View Post
    I would bump Keppinger (hitting .368) up to the big club (dump Castro).
    Done. Sort of.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60143

2. Turn Off Ads?

That' s great news. Now let's move some other guy's. I'm with Doug on the Justin Turner issue. I don't know why they won't promote him. He was 4th (.338) in the Pioneer league in hitting last year. He is 3rd in the whole Reds system in hits this year.
    1. Griffin 112 (A+)
    2. Bruce 107 (AA)
    3. Votto 96 (AAA)
    3. Turner 96 (A-)
    4. Phillips 95 (Reds)

Why assume the Reds want him to play 2B? I bet they want him to play 3B and its Juan Francisco who they don't want to promote.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Why assume the Reds want him to play 2B? I bet they want him to play 3B and its Juan Francisco who they don't want to promote.
    Could be true. We will find out soon enough, although if thats the case.... start him in Sarasota and promote Michael Griffin who has had a fine season. Enrique Cruz is the current third baseman in Chattanooga, but he is 25 years old, in AA and has a .744 OPS.

So what's the prediction on where he ends up- 2B, 3B, or a corner OF spot?
    Go BLUE!!!

Frazier won't end up at 2b , if he's too big for ss he's too big for 2b. I'd guess 3b will be where he is tried 1st , then left appears either Hamilton or Bruce will be the right fielder with the other the centerfielder of the future.
    Last edited by indy_dave00; 07-09-2007 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by indy_dave00 View Post
    Frazier won't end up at 2b , if he's too big for ss he's too big for 2b. I'd guess 3b will be where he is tried 1st , then lf appears either Hamilton or Bruce will be the right fielder with the other the centerfielder of the future.
    I guess you're right. My prediction is Francisco moves to LF, with Frazier at 3B, leaving Valaika and Turner to battle it out as the system's premier 2B prospect. Can you imagine the power potential of a Francisco-Hamilton-Bruce OF? It might even match the power potential of our current OF :

If Votto ends up moving to LF on a full time basis, maybe they move Francisco over to 1B.
    Last edited by Benihana; 07-09-2007 at 11:44 AM.
    Go BLUE!!!

He does have a really good arm and may be able to play LF. He would also make a good 1B. He is big and pretty athletic.

Just an update on Todd Frazier, through 147 professional atbats Frazier is hitting: .327/.419/.517 - .936 OPS with a 18 bb/18 strikeout rate. Todd is a very polished hitter who should be able to begin next season in Sarasota.

Not real sure why he's not in Dayton now.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Not real sure why he's not in Dayton now.
    He plays for the Reds system, thats why. They don't promote their college drafted talent that often.

why is zach cozart in dayton instead of frazier?? they should have tried to get cozart some confidence by placing him in the hitter-friendly pioneer league.
    "I hate SF."

-Mat Latos

Quote Originally Posted by tbball10 View Post
    why is zach cozart in dayton instead of frazier?? they should have tried to get cozart some confidence by placing him in the hitter-friendly pioneer league.
    I agree. I would rather have seen Justin Turner get a shot at SS at Dayton. If he didn't get promoted, why not try him at a different position in Dayton. I don't understand why he didn't get promoted, with Valaika, because he was a really good offensive middle-infielder. He is a great 2B and I'm curious to see him play SS in the Reds system.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Frazier is putting up solid stats at Billings: .327 BA, 5 HR, 23 RBI, .936 OPS, 18 K, 18 BB, 147 ABs.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=453943

Will be interesting to see how he does at Dayton next year. I am hoping well enough to get a midseason promotion to Sarasota. But he will probably play all year at Dayton if I had to guess. Will be interesting to see both of our first two picks in the 2007 draft in Dayton next year.

Did anybody see the thing the other day about him in the llws? It was pretty cool. I don't remember what it was on though.

Turn Off Ads?