Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What a Gem by Lohse tonite

got alil captain in u?

What a Gem by Lohse tonite

what a job by kyle lohse tonite that's the kinda start you need when your trieng to avoid a sweep. He had good control all nite and he deserves a few pats on the back for this effort.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What a Gem by Lohse tonite

Lohse is a regular Jekyl and Hyde sheesh !
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    Lohse is a regular Jekyl and Hyde sheesh !
    When he gets ahead, and keeps it down in the zone, he's good. He needs to put together a good string of outings.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

The guy has been solid as a #3 or #4 for us this year and was decent last year for the Reds. Nice pickup by Wayne K that filled a good need for us, especiallly with Arroyo going south on us this year.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    When he gets ahead, and keeps it down in the zone, he's good. He needs to put together a good string of outings.
    He's now leading the starters in ERA. It's at 4.22 right now. Geez, that's terrible. But, I swear at times he's flat out dominated. Counting tonight, that's 4 starts he's given up 1 run or less. 8 out of 13 starts he's given up 3 or less. Like you said he just needs to string them together.

Hopefully this is a start for the pitching staff. I think we all know their potential. Belisle has been solid and Harang is good. Let's see Homer next. Then let's hope Bronson finds his magic again.

First pitch strikes do the job every time.

High five!

He had some good D out there too. Two key double plays in situations that were about to go sideways really helped.

I haven't looked it up but I think 4.22 is probably right at or below league average. If we could _just_ get league average pitching, we'd win the division.

Zoinks!

I can't recall for sure but isn't this the 2nd start in a row for Lohse where he has been very good? Wasn't his last one a complete game?

I would bite the bullet right now and try and work out a 3 year deal with Lohse. He is inconsistant but at the right price would be a good 4th starter.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I would bite the bullet right now and try and work out a 3 year deal with Lohse. He is inconsistant but at the right price would be a good 4th starter.
    You're not going to get the right price, I believe he's a Boras client. Best case scenario for him to stay hot and trade him at the deadline.

The problem with Lohse isn't the average-to-above average 4.22 ERA. It's how it is distributed. That is, on one night he'll give up 1 run or less -- and then turn around and give up 6 or 7 runs in his next outing. That's the kind of inconsistency that drives managers nuts. The good news is that he HAS been quite consistent in his last 3 starts. Hopefully that means that he's turned the corner. If that is the case, he's the kind of player we should be looking at signing to a long term deal rather than trading at the deadline.

got alil captain in u?

if lohse can continue to be consistent over the ladder part of the season i would not object to wayne signing him to an extension. A roatation of harang arroyo lohse belisle and bailey sounds pretty good to me i dunno about the rest of u

It was posted some time ago Lohse is open to an extension. I said then, and I'll say now, if Krisky can work out a deal; the Reds should sign him for a couple years. He can be inconsistant, but we could still use him in our rotation.

Turn Off Ads?