Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monday 6-2-14 Minor-League Updates

Monday 6-2-14 Minor-League Updates

Behind Lively, Bakersfield leads 6-1 in the fourth. Winker and SMB have homered. Silva has a pair of doubles.

David Vidal was removed as catcher in the first inning.

Oh my . . . High Desert just scored 4 in the fourth on a pair of 2-run homers off Lively. It's 6-5.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Monday 6-2-14 Minor-League Updates

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Behind Lively, Bakersfield leads 6-1 in the fourth. Winker and SMB have homered. Silva has a pair of doubles.

David Vidal was removed as catcher in the first inning.

Oh my . . . High Desert just scored 4 in the fourth on a pair of 2-run homers off Lively. It's 6-5.
    The Blaze tack on two more in the top of the fifth, and now lead 8-5.

Juan Silva has doubled three times and driven in four.
    Beau Amaral continues his breakout season with two more hits. He is now hitting .352 in High-A, and his OPS is up over .900.
    Superfluous J has two singles. You can only hold this man down so long before paying a huge price.

Update: The Big Hyphen singles and rides home on a Yovan Gonzalez double. Bakersfield leads by a score of 9-5 now.

4. Likes:

OGB (06-03-2014)

The wind must be blowing out pretty briskly. Blaze announcer, Dan Besbris, just made the comment that the flag pole there must be one of the sturdiest flag poles around.

Super J and Silva open the 7th with singles. SJ's third hit of the game; Silva's fourth.

David Vidal was carted off the field. He was later seen by Besbris walking just beyond the Blaze dugout, which is a good sign.

Jesse Winker sends a three-run laser shot over the left field fence. Blaze up 12-5. Besbris ruminates that although the centerfield wall is only 354 feet from home plate, the ball carries poorly there. FWIW.

Editorial note: I think they will start moving players from Bakersfield up to Pensacola after the Blaze wrap up the first-half title. I would imagine that factor is of some importance to both the Reds' and Blaze organizations. Or maybe I am completely wrong. Bakersfield holds a five-game lead with 12 games in the left in the first half.

Personal Opinion: Dan Besbris could announce in the majors. He is better than a couple of Reds' announcers.
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-02-2014 at 06:34 PM.

8. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (06-03-2014),OC_Red (06-03-2014),OGB (06-03-2014),PepperJack (06-02-2014)

Ben Lively just struck out Burt Reynolds for the second time on the day. Lively has retired 10 of the last 11 now. Make that 11 out of the last 12. Besbris is of the opinion that, considering the altitude of the stadium and the briskness of the wind, this is one of Lively's more impressive outings. Once again, FWIW.
    Lively, whom I would imagine is done for the matinee affair, struck out 7 and walked none.
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-02-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Lively's 5-run effort (through 7) is beginning to look like a gem. . . . OK, I wrote that before I saw td's post above.

The High Desert centerfielder dives for and misses a line drive off the bat of Beau Amaral, who proceeds to circle the bases. An inside-the-parker for Amaral. 13-5.

Jair Jurrjens will be toeing the slab for Louisville in about 20 minutes.

Jair Jair "Binks" Jurrjens?

14. Likes:

klw (06-02-2014)

Jimmy Moran pitched the 8th and gave up a pair.

Ryan Wright left the yard in the top of the 9th. Jesse Winker drew his second walk. Two walks and two blasts on the day for Winker. Nice.

14-7 Bakersfield. Second-place Visalia is trailing late. If these scores hold, Bakersfield's margin will stand at 6 games up with 11 to play in the first half of the season.

Despite all of the runs and hits by Bakersfield today, Marquez Smith is 0-5 and is wearing a golden sombrero. With two outs, SMB lines a single to left. His third hit to go along with a walk.
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-02-2014 at 06:58 PM.

The box score for Blaze said 3 MPH wind. Something's off.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    J
    Personal Opinion: Dan Besbris could announce in the majors. He is better than a couple of Reds' announcers.

I have found Besbris to be enjoyable to listen to as well. I think he calls a really good game.

Dayton:http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...g_box&sid=milb

Dragons lead 7-0 after 4 innings.

Diaz-2B
    Daal-SS
    Ervin-RF
    Elizalde-DH
    Pigott-1B
    Rosa-CF
    Matthews-LF
    Hudson-C
    Rachal-2B

Romano: 4 IP, 4 H, 4 K

Ervin with another triple! I swear elizade has at least one hit every time I look at a dragons box score.

Turn Off Ads?