Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is the most impactual bat to likely break onto the 25-man squad by 2015?

Who is the most impactual bat to likely break onto the 25-man squad by 2015?

I haven't followed the REDS' minor leaguers for at least a year now.

It's been asked who the 2nd best REDS' pitching prospect is in another thread?

Who is the most impactual bat to likely break onto the 25-man squad over the next two seasons?

Obviously some guy may be getting blocked by another player making it less likely that he can make the 25-man squad by 2015, so you have to take that into account.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Who is the most impactual bat to likely break onto the 25-man squad by 2015?

Jesse Winker may be ready at some point later in 2015. Yorman Rodriguez could be an impact bat down the road, but I doubt he is an impact bat in the next few years even though he may reach the majors in the next two seasons. Lutz is currently up, and he is intriguing. Probably not an all-star caliber bat, but there is a chance he can be a quality bat in the lineup who brings some real pop.

Re: Who is the most impactual bat to likely break onto the 25-man squad by 2015?

Gracias.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The sad answer is almost certainly "none".
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

With Mejias-Breen's age and current success, I could see him promoted to AA soon, setting up the possibility of a 2015 call up. Not likely, though. Winker, Lutz, and Y-Rod seem to be the only other options. Winker is the only one who seems like an impact bat out of those 4.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    With Mejias-Breen's age and current success, I could see him promoted to AA soon, setting up the possibility of a 2015 call up. Not likely, though. Winker, Lutz, and Y-Rod seem to be the only other options. Winker is the only one who seems like an impact bat out of those 4.
    Not really anywhere for SMB to go though unless they move Frazier to the OF, which won't happen given the outfield prospects they do have that are on a similar timeline.

None.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Not really anywhere for SMB to go though unless they move Frazier to the OF, which won't happen given the outfield prospects they do have that are on a similar timeline.
    For SMB's sake I hope they don't let a player toil away in the minors because they don't have a spot for him. If that is the case I hope they trade him so he gets a shot.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Any chance he could move to 2nd base?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Any chance he could move to 2nd base?
    He split time last year b/w 3rd and 1B. I'm guessing no- or else they would have tried him @ 2nd last year. I could be wrong though, but I don't think he would have the range @ 2nd.

If they feel like he can play at the big league level, I'd be willing to part ways with Frazier in 2016 if need be. You have to have cheap, young guys somewhere with the Reds payroll constraints. In a few years, Frazier could be making a lot through arbitration.

Edited to add: This was responding to Doug about SMB. I meant to quote his post.
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

13. Likes:

RedlegJake (05-29-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    For SMB's sake I hope they don't let a player toil away in the minors because they don't have a spot for him. If that is the case I hope they trade him so he gets a shot.
    There is a difference between letting someone toil away and keeping him in Advnaced A-ball for 300 at bats instead of 200.

OGB - that is exactly what I envision if SMB continues to progress. No need to be in a big hurry, just be ready when Todd gets expensive.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

There is a difference between letting someone toil away and keeping him in Advnaced A-ball for 300 at bats instead of 200.
    Oh, that's not what I meant. I just meant in a couple years when he is 25 or so. If he continues to rake in the minors I just wouldn't want him to toil away. I think he is fine where he is now, probably ready for a call-up to AA soon though, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    OGB - that is exactly what I envision if SMB continues to progress. No need to be in a big hurry, just be ready when Todd gets expensive.
    Exactly. I like Frazier, but for a mid market team to succeed, there needs to constantly be several low cost, pre arbitration players as part of the core.
    -RichRed

Turn Off Ads?