Turn Off Ads?
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768
Results 1,006 to 1,015 of 1015

Thread: The 2007 Major League Baseball Amateur Draft Discussion Thread (Day 1)

Re: The 2007 Major League Baseball Amateur Draft Discussion Thread (Day 1)

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    For some reason I thought I remembered that Russell, Monday, Lopes & maybe Cey were all SS at some time.
    All were Center Fielders

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I can't get too worked up about the Cozart pick, but squandering a first pick on a guy who doesn't possess a single *outstanding* skill is pretty ill-advised in my opinion.
    Perhaps the first Baseball book that you read should be Dollar Sign on the Muscle?

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMilner View Post
    What baseball prospect isn't a huge risk? There is no such thing as a can't miss prospect in baseball.

If he doesn't materialize, I'm not going to call for WK's head.

Yeah, I know. Everything's a risk, nothing matters, and who cares if the team improves.

I'm used to that mentality by now. It's pervasive among Reds' fans.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Yeah, I know. Everything's a risk, nothing matters, and who cares if the team improves.

I don't think you have your finger on the pulse of Reds fans. The majority of us are fed up with the way things are going and want this team to improve. If you look at many of the posts on this draft alone their were some strong opinions on who the Reds should take with the 15th pick. Taking a High School catcher is a risk a big one at that, but I feel in my opinion he is worth the risk. Yes it has been argued that he may be a "jack of all trades" but catchers who are special have to do everything well and this kid does everthing well. Hopefully this didn't come off as a rant or laced with snark, I really should be used to your mentality by now.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    All were Center Fielders
    that's what it was. thanks.
    School's out. What did you expect?

FCB, whats with the attitude these days? You seem to be taking on a lot of posters around here for IMO very petty reasons.

Not trying to intervene, but just an observation.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    FCB, whats with the attitude these days? You seem to be taking on a lot of posters around here for IMO very petty reasons.

Not trying to intervene, but just an observation.
    Not the poster, but the thought process.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by devin View Post
    I have followed this kid right through his highschool career. He is the entire package and the real deal. He has been the fastest rising player in the country for the past several months. His greatest asset is his arm strength (even after the TJ surgery, which was 2 years ago). He had one of the fastest throw down times in the country (faster than most ML catchers) during recent workouts. He projects to be an average to above average major league hitter, with excellent defensive skills (Think Joe Girardi who can hit) Probably his greatest asset is his head.... He is modest and very bright with an excellent head on his shoulders. Intangibles. You guys will have yourselves a nice major league catcher in about 4 years or so with Devin.
    Best post of the entire thread.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by devin View Post
    I'm a family friend and know Devin personally. He really is a great kid and will work his tail off.
    For reference purposes...
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

It's interesting that 3 of our first 4 picks are all Starting right now (Frazier, Mes and Cozart, with Lotzkar being the one who's not). That's a pretty successful draft. Their 6th pick, Mario Soto, got close.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-03-2014 at 03:15 PM.

Turn Off Ads?