Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6/8/07 Minors Updates

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Re: 6/8/07 Minors Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    This may have been discussed before, and if it has I apologize, I am just wondering if others have wondered whether Votto's getting some PT in LF in case the Reds are planning on dealing Dunn. This would make logical sense, but would this, implicitly mean that Votto is not the first baseman of the future? Does that mean another year of a first base plattoon?
    I was thinking the same thing. I really have a feeling that WK isn't a big Dunn fan. With JV playing left all of a sudden I am wondering if a Dunn trade hasn't been moved up to the front burner for some stirring.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Ya can't teach speed... Triples's Avatar

It has been discussed before but the situtuation begs the question again. The bottomline is that the front office has a number of the minor leaguers play a secondary postion on a regular basis. They want guys to be a bit more versatile. I believe its so that they can be more valuable at the major league level and once they get there they'll be able to have more playing time. They're doing this with a number of guys, Votto, Bruce, Janish, Anderson; and there are probably others that I simply haven't noticed. I wouldn't read anything into it regarding who's the first baseman of the future or a pending trade of Adam Dunn. Its not nearly that cerebral.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    This may have been discussed before, and if it has I apologize, I am just wondering if others have wondered whether Votto's getting some PT in LF in case the Reds are planning on dealing Dunn. This would make logical sense, but would this, implicitly mean that Votto is not the first baseman of the future? Does that mean another year of a first base plattoon?
    Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona. Not all holes, or games, are created equal. ~George Will

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triples View Post
    Its not nearly that cerebral.
    And that's unfortunate. We all want to know exactly what Wayne is thinking, but at the same time we don't want to know, because us knowing would mean other GMs knowing, which would disadvantage him in trades. Only time will show if Wayne's plan is on the right track, but let's just hope he isn't trading Dunn out of spite and leaving a major hole in the lineup at first base. I really wish the Reds would hold onto Dunner unless they get equal value in a trade (IMO a good-hitting first baseman/outfielder or a top arm).

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I really have a feeling that WK isn't a big Dunn fan. With JV playing left all of a sudden I am wondering if a Dunn trade hasn't been moved up to the front burner for some stirring.
    I've read where people say the Reds put different players in a different position once a week to get them a feel for a different positions. However, I don't think that is the case here.

A. I don't see other players throughtout the system playing different positions.
    B. It seems as Votto plays LF more then once a week. I've been trying to find his 1B/LF starts, but have drawn a blank. It also seems as if he has been starting in LF more frequently as of late.

Turn Off Ads?