Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 MLB First Year Player Draft - Cincinnati Reds

Re: 2007 MLB First Year Player Draft - Cincinnati Reds

The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Last edited by JaxRed; 06-15-2007 at 02:11 PM.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Another NDFA signing mentioned- LHR Matt Ogrodnik, out of Penn State.

http://www.centredaily.com/sports/story/125039.html

can we update the original post to include the new signings?
    Go BLUE!!!

The Mustangs site has updated their roster with the new signees

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...=true&sid=t513

Third round pick Neftali Soto, 9th round pick Alexis Oliveras, 16th round pick Shea Snowden, 21st round pick Jeremy Horst, 34th round pick Jeremy Vineyard have all signed according to the Baseball America subscriber database.

Yup, the Reds website shows that Soto signed on June 8th. It also shows 26th rounder Curtis Partch, rhp, as signing one week ago today and 40th round pick Ross C. Hopkins (hs catcher) as signing on June the 8th also. It's nice to see that Vineyard and Snowden signed. I figured they wouldn't sign with them being HS pitchers that were drafted in later rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    can we update the original post to include the new signings?
    The first post is now updated with signings. I've had a family situation come up and have been unable to post the last couple days. Probably keep me from checking in on the weekend as well. I might be back to the site on Monday to update anything new. In the meantime, please be patient. I'll get to it as soon as I can. My apologies for the delays.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Menchaca, the 13th pick, an outfielder, is listed on the Billings roster, must have signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    The first post is now updated with signings. I've had a family situation come up and have been unable to post the last couple days. Probably keep me from checking in on the weekend as well. I might be back to the site on Monday to update anything new. In the meantime, please be patient. I'll get to it as soon as I can. My apologies for the delays.
    Thanks a lot Red Leader.

I like Snowden. I would really like to see Taylor Jordan and Scott Alexander sign. Other than that, as long as they sign the guys in rounds 1-5, I'm fine with whatever.
    Go BLUE!!!

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Just something I thought I would add here on Lotzkar as far as a breakdown on him goes. It should give us some insight into what to look for down the road in terms of development and the hurdles he may have to clear. It was posted by Keith Law on his blog prior to the draft Friday May 4th.

One of Aumont's teammates, Kyle Lotzkar, was less impressive in his second outing and may have cost himself a little money. Lotzkar topped out at 91 and pitched at 87-89 with poor control and no second pitch that graded out as average or better. The bigger concern is his delivery; he has a wrist wrap, and his arm action is rough, with his elbow coming up above his shoulder as he starts his delivery. It's going to be hard for him to have command with that arm action, and there's probably an increased risk of an arm injury as well. Lotzkar has been projected to go in the sandwich round or high second, but I'd put him more in the fourth-fifth round range off that one look.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Brandon Waring could be a steal IMO. Nice to him in the fold.
    I go to school with Waring and after watching him play all year, he could very well be a steal for the reds. The improvement from his sophmore to his junior year was great and he could improve his play even more. Even though he was from a small school he produced against solid division 1 teams such as tennessee and south carolina. I really think he has great potential and could become a strong player for the reds.

More signings: Four more 2007 Draft picks were signed on Monday, including pitchers Harris Honeycutt (10th round), Raymond Jeffords (19th round) and Robert Rhoden (22nd round) and outfielder Brandon Menchaca (13th round).
    reds.com
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Turn Off Ads?