Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Homer up to stay?

Is Homer up to stay?

Or was this a cup of coffee for him?

Sorry, I haven't been on here as much lately so I don't know if this is just a temporary thing for Homer or if the Reds intend to keep him up here.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is Homer up to stay?

I think they'll give him another start or two but I would be surprised if he never sees Louisville again. My bet is he goes down sometime this summer. If he doesn't, then he's pitching beyond expectations.

I don't think they can justify sending Homer back down unless he has a few really bad starts in a row. (Like Saarloos bad) Once you bring him up, keep him up, and let him learn.

Personally, I don't see that happening. The kid has great stuff. Once he settles in and starts throwing more strikes, he's going to be the second best starter we have. (Unless Bronson somehow gets his groove back)

He'll take his fair share of lumps, but he's got the stuff and mental makeup to get better because of them. Let him grow.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

I'd like to see him pitch in Seattle a couple of weeks from now....then they can do whatever they want with him
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    I'd like to see him pitch in Seattle a couple of weeks from now....then they can do whatever they want with him
    Didn't even think of that.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Yeah, I'm goin' to Fri and Sat games at Safeco. I'm hoping he pitches in one of those

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Yeah, I'm goin' to Fri and Sat games at Safeco. I'm hoping he pitches in one of those
    I just checked the schedule and if they follow the 5 man rotation schedule that is currently set we'll see Harang, Arroyo & Lohse.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

I'd be shocked if he's not here to stay.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think they'll give him another start or two but I would be surprised if he never sees Louisville again. My bet is he goes down sometime this summer. If he doesn't, then he's pitching beyond expectations.
    At this point, I'm just knocking on wood that it isn't for a rehab start after some type of arm soreness.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

He needs to be on the same regiment he was on in Louisville.

But let the kid pitch here.

And if it means he's the 5th starter with a couple of extra days of rest, so be it.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

He's not going down; EVER! You heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    He's not going down; EVER! You heard it here first.
    I agree RBA. I think our fireballer is here to stay, not only due to his ability, but also due to the fact that there would be a small to medium sized riot in Cincy if he were sent back down.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar

Perhaps this was already discussed in another Homer thread... but I'm worried about his pitch count. While I like the fact that Narron let him pitch out of that jam in the fifth, 115 pitches seems like a lot for a kid who rarely touched 100 in the minors.

And... to answer your question... yes, I think he's here to stay if he can stay healthy (which I'm nervous about.)
    Last edited by RedEye; 06-09-2007 at 06:29 PM.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

IIRC, Castellini said that when Homer was called up he was here for good.

He's not going anywhere.
    2006 Redszone Prospect Draft - Johnny Cueto
    2007 Redszone Prospect Draft - Pedro Viola, Alexis Oliveras
    2007 Redszone Mock Draft - 1st (27) Michael Burgess, Supp. (60) Wes Roemer, 2nd (92) Barry Enright, 3rd (122) Jonathan Bachanov
    2009 Redszone Mock Draft - 1st (9) Shelby Miller, 2nd (58) Marc Krauss, 3rd (89) Daniel Fields

Turn Off Ads?