Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atmosphere at Homer's debut

Atmosphere at Homer's debut

I bought the hype and went to the game last night and went and I must comment that it felt like a playoff game or a NFL game. The crowd was electric and seemed to be sitting on every pitch. I was wondering if anyone else in attendance noticed it or if it was just me? Maybe Homer is just what this team needed to bring some intensity to the team and the fans.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Atmosphere at Homer's debut

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I bought the hype and went to the game last night and went and I must comment that it felt like a playoff game or a NFL game. The crowd was electric and seemed to be sitting on every pitch. I was wondering if anyone else in attendance noticed it or if it was just me? Maybe Homer is just what this team needed to bring some intensity to the team and the fans.
    Man that was awesome to be at. Best baseball experience I've had in a long long time. The team really responded to the energy the crowd brought, namingly the pitching staff. Makes you wonder if we had that kind of crowd every night if the team would succeed more at home? Unfair of me to question fans for not showing up, because the only reason i went was to see Homer and to be a part of that atmosphere. But I agree, awesome night to be a Reds fan.

Fair weather fans irk me...I'll be there in June, July, August, and September regardless...call me stupid, but I just love the Reds and baseball.

I'm not a fair weather fan. It was my 5th trip from Columbus to a game this year. It's not exactly easy traveling a total of 4 hours for a baseball game. Getting off work isn't exactly the easiest thing ever either.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon View Post
    Fair weather fans irk me...I'll be there in June, July, August, and September regardless...call me stupid, but I just love the Reds and baseball.
    See, this is where I disagree. Fair weather fans annoy me when they try to argue that Sean Casey was more valuable than Adam Dunn ever will be, but they do allow the atmosphere to be more electric. Last night was the 3rd most electric ballgame I've ever been to. The top two would be the 99 playoff game and the one Opening Day game I ever went to (2001 or 2002). All of those games were so electric due to all of the people that came out. Those fair weather fans create that environment. Last night was the most fun I've had at a Reds' game, beginning to end, in a long time. Let's just hope we'll start having some success, so even more fair weather fans come out and create even more enjoyable environments.

throws 106. NBD.

The atmosphere was awesome last night, especially when he had Dellucci full with the bases loaded. That place exploded when he struck him out.

The place was great until the wave started around the 7th then it lost everything. The wave is a nightmare and should be banned from parks. When the game is within a couple runs and YOUR TEAM IS HITTING you should not be doing the wave.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon View Post
    Been to many games when the Reds were out of it, I went to 6 games when Whitey Richardson was playing short stop. Hardcore fans really irk me.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Gotta say I went because of Bailey's debut and I'm glad I did. I was shocked when I looked around during the ninth inning and noticed most of the crowd was still there, I don't remember the last time I've seen that.

Can he be stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    The place was great until the wave started around the 7th then it lost everything. The wave is a nightmare and should be banned from parks. When the game is within a couple runs and YOUR TEAM IS HITTING you should not be doing the wave.
    I was sitting three rows over from the guys who were starting it, and I wanted to throttle them all.

On a related note, how crazy were those fireworks? One exploded in perfect synch with David Weather's throwing a strike (right as the ball hit Ross' glove) and the finale started right as Weathers got the K to end the 8th inning. It was surreal with Majik and Weathers pitching with those going off.
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Reds reccord when I attend in 2007: 6-1

Can he be stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by robo21 View Post
    Gotta say I went because of Bailey's debut and I'm glad I did. I was shocked when I looked around during the ninth inning and noticed most of the crowd was still there, I don't remember the last time I've seen that.
    I saw plenty of people leaving. Those are the same people that pay 25 to 30 dollars for parking, who end up sitting stuck it traffic for hours. I'm happy to pay $2, park in the P&G lot and walk 5 short blocks, because there isZERO traffic on the way out.
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Reds reccord when I attend in 2007: 6-1

wish i could have been there but im in Chicago....but i did watch every pitch on DirecTV.... i order the extra innings package just to watch my Reds....yea im a die hard fan...the crowd looked and sounded electric on TV!!

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    See, this is where I disagree. Fair weather fans annoy me when they try to argue that Sean Casey was more valuable than Adam Dunn ever will be, but they do allow the atmosphere to be more electric. Last night was the 3rd most electric ballgame I've ever been to. The top two would be the 99 playoff game and the one Opening Day game I ever went to (2001 or 2002). All of those games were so electric due to all of the people that came out. Those fair weather fans create that environment. Last night was the most fun I've had at a Reds' game, beginning to end, in a long time. Let's just hope we'll start having some success, so even more fair weather fans come out and create even more enjoyable environments.
    Yeah, screw opinions.

Anyway, the game last night was, despite sitting in the VERY back seats, and I mean literally the last row of seats in the upper deck, the best game I have attended in my life.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    God, posts like just piss me off. People go to the game to have fun. God forbid that right? STFU about what everybody else is doing and let them enjoy the game the way the want to. Baseball isn't life to everybody else around you.

And to the other person who said so, the fireworks could not have been timed anymore perfectly, right as Weathers K'd the last batter of the 8th.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

There's nothing wrong with getting caught up in the hype and buying a ticket to see Homer pitch. I wish I could have been there instead of watching it from my home. You could feel the energy even on the television broadcast. Anyway, glad everyone had fun and I hope you witnessed history. Hopefully Homer Bailey will go on to have a wonderful career and you can say you were there the night it all began.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Turn Off Ads?