Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Our guys who are on TV and CWS

Our guys who are on TV and CWS

These are guys who are still alive in the College World Series. I know South Carolina is playing on ESPN 6-9-07 at 7pm if you wanna TIVO it. If anyone has a heads up on any other games or replays please post here. I have the Time Warner sports tier I know they replay a lot of games so does CST.

2 79 Zack Cozart ss Mississippi MS
    4 139 Blake Stouffer 3b/of Texas A&M TX
    9 589 Raymond Jeffords rhp South Carolina SC
    10 319 Harris Honeycutt rhp South Carolina SC
    50 1446 Jordan Chambless rhp Texas A&M TX

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Our guys who are on TV and CWS

I watched A&M a bit last night, but didn't realize until after the game that we had a couple of draftees on the team. Watched the scouting tape of Stouffer and looked at his numbers, though, and he looks like a nice draft pick.

This isnt really anything, but I just turned it to the Old Miss AZ St. game, and Cozart is on first. Not sure how, but the pitcher is throwing over a lot, so he must have some speed.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Cozart steals second.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Cozart to lead off after the Commercials.

They switched to UCLA game. Anyone know how Cozart did in his at bat?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    They switched to UCLA game. Anyone know how Cozart did in his at bat?
    He made an out of some sort.

Here are some notes I had from a previous thread after watching Stouffer:

Stouffer hit for the cycle twice this year, only 2 others have done that before in NCAA.

Quote:
    "Blake is an athlete who can play in the infield or the outfield. He is rare in that he can hit for power and has good speed to cause havoc on the bases. Blake can be productive anywhere in the line-up and he allows us to have flexibility, both offensively and defensively." --Head Coach Rob Childress

Watched his first AB. Worked a full count after going down 0-2, then pulled a hard grounder down the first base line for a 2B. He has some good speed. The ball hit a little cutout and he had to bust it to 2nd and slid in safely. He isn't very big. Looks like he will be a corner OF'er most likely. More updates to come when I see his 2nd AB. FYI - He has a SWEET swing from the left side. Very smooth.

2nd AB: Takes a ball in. Takes strike inner third. Takes strike two, looked quite inside though. Strikes out on a good changeup away.

3rd AB: 1st and 2nd, no outs. He bunts into a FC (1-5). The pitcher makes a great play on what was a good bunt to get the guy at third.

In his first 3 AB's, he faced Ryan Berry, who seems pretty good. This year he went 116 ip, 2.71 era, 119 k, 32 bb

4th AB: Bobby Bramhall comes in to face Stouffer and turns him around to RH. (Bramhall: 1.88 era, 57 ip, 74 K, 28 bb... nasty changeup, 18th round pick to the Brewers)

Swing and a miss on a outside changeup, called strike on a fastball way outside, struck out on a changeup away.

He looks pretty patient, which can hurt him in college because atleast today, the zone was LARGE. He got cheated by having a good eye.

not 100% sure because ESPN will change games in the middle of broadcasts, it looks like Ole Miss (Cozart again) plays Arz.St. at 7pm on ESPN2 tonite

Cozart went 3-4, 2 RBI, SB in last nights loss to ASU

Turn Off Ads?