Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: What should the Reds do with Lohse?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Deal him now, we're not getting any more later

12 31.58%
  • Wait for the deadline when teams are more desperate

18 47.37%
  • Hold onto him, are you kidding? The Reds can still get back into the race

8 21.05%

Thread: Sell high?

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Sell high?

After Lohse's second good start in as many outings, I am forced to ponder whether this is the height of Lohse's stock. Do teams like the Yankees in dire need for SPing discount some of Lohse's woeful starts in favor of some of his magical starts? Can the Reds get the most in a trade for this free agent to be right now? So, I am starting this thread to see what my fellow Reds' fans think about the status of Kyle Lohse. Should this team deal him now or sit on him in hopes of getting better return in a trade later or possibly getting back into the race for the Central?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sell high?

"Selling High" is very overrated. Someone trading for Lohse knows that the Reds are trying to "sell him high" and they do not look at the most recent three starts when deciding whether or not they want a player. They look at a career track record, etc. "Selling high" is only effective when dealing a fantasy player having a career best start to a season to an inexperienced fantasy owner playing in their first league. This will not work with major league GM's.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    "Selling High" is very overrated. Someone trading for Lohse knows that the Reds are trying to "sell him high" and they do not look at the most recent three starts when deciding whether or not they want a player. They look at a career track record, etc. "Selling high" is only effective when dealing a fantasy player having a career best start to a season to an inexperienced fantasy owner playing in their first league. This will not work with major league GM's.
    Maybe you are correct, but when I look at Lohse I still so much potential. He has flashes of brilliance, and maybe if I were an arrogant GM or pitching coach, I would think that I would be the missing component from his success. I would think that I could fix him. Either way, the Reds can possibly get a solid prospect for him now, if he tanks his next five starts, that won't be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Maybe you are correct, but when I look at Lohse I still so much potential. He has flashes of brilliance, and maybe if I were an arrogant GM or pitching coach, I would think that I would be the missing component from his success. I would think that I could fix him. Either way, the Reds can possibly get a solid prospect for him now, if he tanks his next five starts, that won't be the case.
    I agree with that completely, which is one of the reasons I think WK made the deal to get him. However, "Selling high" is not going to be THE reason we trade Lohse (if we do).

Trade Lohse for anything that could ever be good. We won't win this year and he won't be on the team next year.

Quote Originally Posted by BucksandReds View Post
    Trade Lohse for anything that could ever be good. We won't win this year and he won't be on the team next year.
    Get something better than Zach Ward back and we won the trade....right????

Turn Off Ads?