Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad experience with a bleacher bum last night.

Bad experience with a bleacher bum last night.

At Homer Bailey Night at the GABP.

I had the worst seats in the house, the outer view level seats, row V. Absolute last row in the park. : So when Dunn first comes up to bat, I hear this guy several rows down from me start yelling "YOU SUCK DUNN!" and "HERE COMES A K!". Usual fare from a visitor team supporter, right? So I figured, because with each strike that Dunn took, this guy screamed with glee. Indians fan, I thought. Eh, he's just supporting his team right?

Wrong.

Several innings later, I make the jaunt down about 6 miles from my seat down to the restroom (a 44 oz. Pepsi will do that to you. )

This guy was decked out in Reds gear. He was a Reds fan. My stomach turned when I saw this. When I made the trip back to my seat, I made sure I made an effort to toss him the nastiest look I had in me.

So Dunn comes up again (not sure which inning), and the guy starts up with his nonsense again. "Dunn sucks, feel that breeze, bla bla bla...". I just screaming and cheering with each ball Dunner took and I tried to almost will him on base.

I was hoping for a HR to shut that guys mouth, but Dunner did walk, so I mustered up as loud as I could a "Who sucks now?!" and hurled it seemingly right at the back of this guy's head.

So, in conclusion, the outer view level sucks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bad experience with a bleacher bum last night.

It almost makes me sick just reading about it. I don't understand the aversion that some people have to players that have talent.

if dunn wasn't shattering strikeout records it probably wouldn't happen. i'm as big of a reds fan as anybody, and adam dunn annoys me to no end.

Dunn makes me smile about 35-40 times a year. But he makes me want to scream at him way more often than that.

He's frustrating at times maybe, but YOU NEVER EVER ROOT FOR A PLAYER ON YOUR TEAM TO FAIL. If you do, then you absolutely are not a fan.

You bought an outer view level ticket and actually sat there?

i don't root against him, but i strongly dislike him. i have to admit i was finding humor in the failures of danny graves towards the end of his rope when the boo's were getting extremely loud every time he got torched (which was every time, lol)

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    i don't root against him, but i strongly dislike him. i have to admit i was finding humor in the failures of danny graves towards the end of his rope when the boo's were getting extremely loud every time he got torched (which was every time, lol)
    But Danny thought the fans were "number 1!"

Schnickelfritz

Heh...

I've got a better "bad experience" story from Friday night. Some yahoo (obviously over served) was standing outside the Cleveland bullpen yelling at Borowski. "You suck!" "Cleveland's a sh!thole!" and the usual intellectual fare. Well, the cop assigned security in the bullpen radios this in. Two cops approach him and take him off to the side. His reason for being abusive: "You don't understand! Borowski fncked up my fantasy team."

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    He's frustrating at times maybe, but YOU NEVER EVER ROOT FOR A PLAYER ON YOUR TEAM TO FAIL. If you do, then you absolutely are not a fan.
    I hear that...couldn't agree with you more.

I hate people like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    Heh...

I've got a better "bad experience" story from Friday night. Some yahoo (obviously over served) was standing outside the Cleveland bullpen yelling at Borowski. "You suck!" "Cleveland's a sh!thole!" and the usual intellectual fare. Well, the cop assigned security in the bullpen radios this in. Two cops approach him and take him off to the side. His reason for being abusive: "You don't understand! Borowski fncked up my fantasy team."
    I just want to acknowledge the greatness of this story.

Just read the Redszone board, there's plenty of hate for each of the Reds players.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Just read the Redszone board, there's plenty of hate for each of the Reds players.
    True, but you forgot manager, bench coaches, general manager, owner, radio and tv announcers...

It's tough to like a guy who hits 40 home runs and gets on base at a .360 clip.

Turn Off Ads?