Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cd give away sunday

cd give away sunday

i won't be able to make it to the game sunday but would be interested in a copy of the cd they will be giving out. if anyone could help me with this please PM me or just respond to the thread. i grew up taping the highlights on 700 wlw sportstalk and would love to have the cd of classic calls. thanks in advance.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Re: cd give away sunday

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    i won't be able to make it to the game sunday but would be interested in a copy of the cd they will be giving out. if anyone could help me with this please PM me or just respond to the thread. i grew up taping the highlights on 700 wlw sportstalk and would love to have the cd of classic calls. thanks in advance.
    Since I span the years from Waite Hoyt to today, i'd sure like to have the CD. Unfortunately, i can't be there, but I imagine the Reds will offer it on their website or in the HOF anyway. At least I hope so...!
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

That does look like a pretty cool CD. However, I think it's a little crazy to give out CDs as poorly as this team is lplaying. Don't want to reenact "Disco Demolition Night" do we?
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Must have those give aways to get the fans to the stadium. I wonder how many of them are going to end up like frisbees at the ballpark?
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

..or how many willl show up for the CD, walk out, and turn around and sell it on ebay.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    ..or how many willl show up for the CD, walk out, and turn around and sell it on ebay.
    So how much are you going to charge for yours?

I'll trade you a Bronson Arroyo hat/wig for it.
    Last edited by GAC; 06-10-2007 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    So how much are you going to charge for yours?

I'll trade you a Bronson Arroyo hat/wig for it.
    AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!! NOT SO EARLY THIS AM

RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Please remember that it is ok for someone to copy something (s)he has legally obtained. Unlimited copies can be produced at the descretion of the legal owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    That does look like a pretty cool CD. However, I think it's a little crazy to give out CDs as poorly as this team is lplaying. Don't want to reenact "Disco Demolition Night" do we?

They'd have to get a pile of CDs in the middle of the field and blow them up in order to do that. I don't think the county would be too pleased with the Reds doing that to their stadium.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Hap View Post
    Please remember that it is ok for someone to copy something (s)he has legally obtained. Unlimited copies can be produced at the descretion of the legal owner.
    I don't know about that. There is usually a warning on CDs/DVDs, etc., that tells one that it is a violation of federal law to duplicate the product under any circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    They'd have to get a pile of CDs in the middle of the field and blow them up in order to do that. I don't think the county would be too pleased with the Reds doing that to their stadium.
    Well, I figured the Reds bullpen will supply the "blowing up." <rimshot />
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I don't know about that. There is usually a warning on CDs/DVDs, etc., that tells one that it is a violation of federal law to duplicate the product under any circumstances.

i was wanting a extra copy if someone had extras from other family members who went as well. also you are correct its a violation to copy and give them away. of course that never happens.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Somebody from work is supposed to be getting me one....I hope they pull through.

Being a young whipper snapper, I've never heard Waite Hoyte's calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I hope you're not serious. The CD isn't being given out because of the team on the field today, but rather as a tribute to the three broadcasters that were honored prior to today's game.

And it's definitely an appropriate thing to do.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Somebody from work is supposed to be getting me one....I hope they pull through.

Being a young whipper snapper, I've never heard Waite Hoyte's calls.
    I doubt you'll think they are very good. Even now, I wonder what all the fuss was, but I wouldn't miss a game because Hoyt was Hoyt. His stories are legendary, but that was mostly during rain delays. Hearing the voice again today took me back to the days when my dad and I listened to games together. It was a very nice trip, too. Waite Hoyt was Reds baseball to me when I was in junior high through high school. That's important to me.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?