Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds Should Cut Their Losses With Majewski

Re: Majewski

good point, he is great, the rest of the league is envious of our natural resource in majewski

2. Turn Off Ads?

lets see if he can get a 1,2,3 inning without a walk or hit or run
    might be awhile

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    i agree with degenrate10. Those pitches were strikes or close enough to them i do no kno how delucci did not swing. Let's remember he's only a year removed from being injured give him time. You just can't throw the guy away after what we traded for him.
    Forget about what we traded, as Ted Kennedy has said many times over, that is water under the bridge, bridge? what bridge?

He had an injury that in its mild form takes less than 5 months to rehab and be back to normal.

He should be healed by now.
    If he is not, then it is only a matter of time before his shoulder blows up and his is out for 6-9 months or forever.
    More likely, this is as good as he is going to get. What you see is what you get, and it is not going to get the job done at this level of play.

I have had that injury, had it surgically repaired and endured the rigorous rehab.

I agree with those who say cut him loose. It may even put some teeth into the contention and filing that we got damaged goods in the trade. As long as he is being used in the ML rotation how can you squawk? If you release him and no one else picks him up, then

Re: Reds Should Cut Their Losses With Majewski

Lets not give up on him yet. It is possible he could turn thing around and become a quality pitcher for the Reds. 2007 will not be our year, so we should see how all our relievers perform over the year. If it becomes clear he has absolutely nothing left, we should release him. It takes a lot for a reliever to be released by a team as desperate for relief pitching as the Reds are.

Talkin' Baseball

Majewski definitely has major league stuff. He throws in the low 90's with movement. With his injury last season, he really hasn't thrown at the ML level in a year. He got very little work in the spring. He was just starting to build strength and come back to form when his sister died and he went almost another 2 weeks without throwing. He was supposed to stay in L'Ville until he was able to throw on back-to-back days... he never did. He was scheduled to do so, but they called him up instead. I'm not making excuses for the guy, but most players under those circumstances are going to be a bit rusty. In all fairness, Coffey should be holding his own and Majewski should have had a little more time at AAA to build his strength.

That Dellucci at bat the other night was rough. I won't say all three of those pitches were strikes, but the back door slider he threw was clearly a strike and a pretty wicked pitch. Dellucci fouled of a number of pitches in that AB too. I said to my wife it was really bad that he had to throw that many pitches to the same batter, because he was bound to hit one.

Cutting Majewski is just a plain bad idea. I wouldn't mind seeing him go in a package deal later this year. I think he can be fine once he gets his feet back under him, but the perception of "The Trade" will dog him as long as he is in this town (as if it's somehow his fault he got traded here).

Majewski seems to have been snake-bit since the trade. He's given up a number of base hits that narrowly missed being outs. It could be a situation in which it just wasn't meant to be for him in Cinci -- and he goes somewhere else and rejuvenates his career. Or, it could be that he pitches himself out of this mess and winds up being the pitcher that WK really thought he was trading to get. Considering what we gave up to get him, I would spend at least a little more time making sure that the latter is not the case before just getting rid of him.

I agree with someone who made the comment that his confidence appears shot. I think JN intensifies that by always bringing him into tight situations. Instead, I'd like to see how he performs for a while in non-pressure situations, where we are way ahead or way behind -- and see if this helps with the confidence situation. If he can get out of this run of bad luck and regain his swagger, then he could prove to be an important piece to the bullpen after all.

I agree. Give him time. He needs his confidence back. He has had a hard ride the past 12 months along with being injured. He's got the stuff. He just needs to grab command of it and find himself.

got alil captain in u?

the last couple outings he's had good stuff he's just been getting squeezed alot by the umps. I'd rather have him in my bullpen than some of the other guys we have ran threw here through the years.

At this point it's become an extended spring training. Let Majewski pitch 50-60 innings, and we'll see what we get next year. He's throwing 91-93 with pretty good movement, and a sharp breaking ball.

In this bullpen that's the second coming of christ. Give him the rest of the season in relief work, and we'll see where we stand in '08.

He relied on good defense and a pitcher's park in Washington to make him what he was. We don't have a pitchers park, and we don't play good defense.

He puts way too many guys on base, and relies on luck to get out of it.

Even in his one good year in Washington when he posted a 2.93 ERA, he put 117 guys on base in 86 innings. That's not good.

In the end, he's not a very good reliever,and he's probably the Reds 2nd worst option out of the bullpen right now.

As I've said before, why are we giving Coffey 2 months and no one is giving GM 2-3 weeks?

I didn't realize people wanted him to fail this bad so they can say they were "right" about "The Trade."

I'm all for giving him time, with the exception of trading him to get Kearns back. Then it would reduce the impact of "The trade" to Lopez for Bray... which I'm all for. But that would never happen.

Are we trying to prove Majic is damaged?

While realistically, it makes little sense to believe the Reds are trying to lose games, the use of Majewski has me kind of baffled. He has done nothing this season to prove that he has the ability to get 3 outs with 2 men on. I just dont understand the thinking behind it all. Either Narron is really THAT bad at bullpen management, or there is something else behind using majewski.

I realize that Majewski will always be the dog that people kick, regardless of his performance, because of his involvement in "the trade".

I would imagine the silver lining behind this is the hope that we can shelve him for a while, adding legitimacy to our "damaged" claim with Washington and hope the dice fall in our favor.

Gary Redus Ruled

Re: Are we trying to prove Majic is damaged?

Its time for Wayne to admit he was fleeced and drop majic. He plain out sucks.
    Hoping for another Reds October

Re: Are we trying to prove Majic is damaged?

I have been saying for weeks that the best thing to do is to DFA him. If you keep him in the pen and keep bringing him out ahead of rookies, then you are saying to the world that you think he can still pitch better than anything else you have.

I would say again, that it is time to cut him loose, but I'm afraid he will be on the rooster until Eddie G is called back up

I have just jumped on the "It's all Jerry's fault bandwagon

Turn Off Ads?