Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds Should Cut Their Losses With Majewski

lets give majewski time the trade will work

majewski is the man, can you imagine how many games the reds wouldhave won with donnelly or shields?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    topsyt

Re: Are we trying to prove Majic is damaged?

I think it has already been proven before today that he is damaged. His appearance today was-well-insanity!

This is like a really bad fantasy baseball trade by a first time fantasy owner.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

We are definitely proving he sucks.

5.2 innings, 16 hits!! and 10 ER!!

I'd say that's enough so Bowden can't dispute the damaged goods argument.

DFA him now. He's proven he can't be relied on. At this rate there's no way he'll help bring anything back in a trade. He doesn't figure into future plans. It's time to cut bait and bring Salmon back until Eddie's ready.

The trade hasn't worked for either team. It's not just the Reds who are unahppy with the trade, I would bet. Lets look at the numbers of the main guys in the trade:

Felipe Lopez
    2006 with Reds: .268/.355/.394, 23 SBs
    Now, he went over to Wasnington last year and put up good numbers. However look what he is doing this year/

2007: .232./.284/.338
    To be quiet honest with you, on a lot of team Lopez would have lost his starting job. He has been brutal this year:

Austin Kearns
    2006 w/ Reds: .274/.350/.492
    He was great underapreciated with the Reds in 2006. He was putting together a great year before the trade. He went over to Washington and put up decent numbers, but was nothing special.

2007: .256/.320/.390
    A RF OPSing .710 is bad. The spacious RFK has limited his power, and he and Lopez have been dissapointed for the Nationals.

Gary Majewski
    2006 w/ Nationals: 55.1 innings, 3.58 ERA. To be quite frank, RFK was hiding Majewski's flaws. He K'd 34, but walked 25. He put way too many guys on base and it has shown with the Reds.

06 w/Reds: 8.40 ERA
    07: 15.88

Bill Bray
    06 with Washington: 3.91 ERA
    with Reds: 4.23 ERA

I still have alot of hope for Bill Bray. I think he can be a solid reliever when he comes back healthy.

Then, there is the X factor. Brendan Harris. What might have been if the Reds would have kept Harris? For those that don't know, Harris is hitting .313 for the Devil Rays. I think the complaints would be alot fewer if the Reds would have hung onto Harris.

Honestly, if Bray lives up to his potential and Thompson develops into his talent, the Reds could still get the better of this deal.

I wouldn't have done the trade at the time, and looking back I still wouldn't have done it, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

5.2 innings pitched...15.88 ERA....
    i cant even believe those numbers
    speechless !!

A plea for Majewski

I would like to say something, and maybe it's been uttered so far on the board, and if so, I apologize, but:

Let's take it a little easy on Gary Majewski. Is the guy a good pitcher at this point? No. That's a fact. But I feel bad for the guy. His body language today at the game made me feel horrible, and I think the guy could really use some support, as opposed to getting piled on. He CARES, he just can't get it done. What can we do about that?

He's not the one that pulled the trigger on "the trade." He was hurt at the time of the trade, he can't help that either, he TOLD them he was hurt, for crying out loud. He goes out there and gives it his all, but he just doesn't have it anymore. That has to be the worst feeling in the world.

But most importantly, the guy just lost his sister. I couldn't imagine functioning if I lost any of my brother's, let alone being asked to return to work so soon after the fact. I can't imagine what the guy is going through mentally, the kind of demons he must be battling, and my heart goes out to him.

If he was pitching well, he'd be hailed as some kind of hero. But since he's not, he's useless garbage. Ladies and gentlemen, we are all human beings. Look a little deeper, and see how much this man is struggling professionally, but more importantly, personally. Gary, my heart goes out to you, and one day, I hope you return to the pitcher that you once were. Whether that's with the Reds or not is insignificant to me.

Good luck from me, and I hope many of the rest of you.

ORG Infidel

Re: A plea for Majewski

I did feel bad for him as he left the field today. He looked dejected. I knew when he came in we were in trouble. I blame Narron before I blame Majewski.

He truly did look terrible. I've been to many games in my short 22 years, and I don't know if I've ever seen a player so down on himself. It was a look that seemed to go beyond the game of baseball, and being a fan of the Reds aside, I couldn't feel worse for the guy.

I too feel bad for him, but that has nothing to do with his ability as a relief pitcher.

The blame at this point has to fall on Narron and WK. I must admit that Narron has limited options in the pen, and can only use what WK gives him. That said, in this bullpen, outside of Weathers, no one has been able to get it done consistently, and no one can expect Weathers to get 9 outs every night. I know there are 162 games, but this bullpen falls within the realm of insanity... doing the same thing over and over, while expecting a different result.

I really cannot say what I would do right now, were I in Narron's shoes.

Re: Reds Should Cut Their Losses With Majewski

I blame Narron for even thinking about putting him in that situation, MUCH LESS ACTUALLY DOING IT. What an idiot.

What other options does Narron have? Victor Santos? Todd Coffey? Mike Stanton? Any option is a terrible option. I wish we could make this a reality tv show. Be the Reds manager for a month, and see if you can do any better with these options. I'm willing to bet you'd be hard pressed to win a single game with these player's at your disposal, my friend.

feel bad for him? i feel bad as fan, and the whole organization
    should feel bad for putting such a terrible product on the field.
    If i were a season ticket holder, i would want my money back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Red View Post
    feel bad for him? i feel bad as fan, and the whole organization
    should feel bad for putting such a terrible product on the field.
    If i were a season ticket holder, i would want my money back!!!
    Spoken like a true Reds fan.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?