Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Reds Should Cut Their Losses With Majewski

Re: Reds Should Cut Their Losses With Majewski

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    What other options does Narron have? Victor Santos? Todd Coffey? Mike Stanton? Any option is a terrible option. I wish we could make this a reality tv show. Be the Reds manager for a month, and see if you can do any better with these options. I'm willing to bet you'd be hard pressed to win a single game with these player's at your disposal, my friend.
    McBeth?? As bad as the pen is, anyone would have been a better choice. Majewski is easily the worst of the bunch.

2. Turn Off Ads?

But if McBeth goes out there, then it's, "Oh Narron's an idiot, McBeth's arm is going to fall off, he uses him too much." It's a no-win situation for Narron. I don't agree with every move he's made, I've been hard on him at times, but there's no way I can fault him for yesterday's game.

I still hope Majewski can turn things around. I think the best thing for Narron to do is start Majewski off slowly, and put him in low-pressure situations. Once he get his confidence up some, then we can put him in important spots.

Majewski just punched his ticket out of Cincy, thank goodness. No way he'll be back.
    Last edited by Jefferson24; 09-27-2007 at 09:46 PM.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

I cant comment on majewski because the thread gets censored, but Majewski might be the worst pitcher I can remember, and I can remember alot of bad Reds

Let him pitch in triple AAA until he finds himself next season. He was once a solid relief pitcher. Something has happened, and he needs time to figure it out. Better do it in the minors.

If we're gonna act like we want to beat the cubs, this guy better not pitch, under any circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Let him pitch in triple AAA until he finds himself next season. He was once a solid relief pitcher. Something has happened, and he needs time to figure it out. Better do it in the minors.
    Pedro Borbon was once a solid relief pitcher too. I'd rather take my chances with Pedro next year. Let Majewski find himself in some other organization.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    the better idea is for Wayne to figure out what is wrong.

I will help him.
    He cannot pitch at this level at this time in his life. We don't need to know the why, since we already have figured out the WHAT.
    the WHY is immaterial.
    :thumbdown
    The only WHY that should be asked at this point is WHY Wayne did not DFA him the same day the Reds filed their greivance with the league alledging damaged goods.
    :thumbdown

The Astro's (who this morning had a worse record than the Reds)
    hit 600 against him tonight with an OBS of 666 (3 hits, 2 runs, 1 walk and one strike out) So, his 333 against lefties and 408 against righties is going to be even higher tomorrow. quick results
    stats are now 333 and 420

For the last month he has averaged 2 earned runs for every K.

This may be the end of the line for Majewski. There was a chance the Reds might keep him around, if he could have shown he had improved. I would imagine he would not be offered arbitration by the Reds, and that hurts because I earlier created a really nice thread about Majewski when he was playing well.

Turn Off Ads?