Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice for attending a Yankee game

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Advice for attending a Yankee game

I'm going to New York in August and will be attending a Yankee game while I'm there. I know there are folks on here who have been there, so any help would be appreciated. I'm looking online right now to order the tickes and I'm getting two seat locations to choose from. Both appear to be in the upper deck. The first location is in the Tier Reserved section 20. Those seats are $20. The other location I'm finding are going for $40 and they're in the Tier Box 652, which looks to be a bit lower than the Tier Reserved area. I've never been to Yankee Stadium before, so I don't have much of a clue about how good these seats are. Are the $40 tickets really that much better than the $20 ones? Neither section is directly behind home plate, which would be my preference, but I need to make a decision here shortly while they still have something decent available. Which seats should I buy?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Advice for attending a Yankee game

Get the $40 dollar ones, or you can buy them from a broker on line if you really want good seats. It's once in a lifetime...spend the money.

DON"T take a taxi to the game. The subway stop in the Bronx's is right beside the stadium. You can take it from Manhattan all the way to Yankee stadium. There is a McDonalds right beside the stadium, so grab a burger there, and save some money.... Go as early as you can to enjoy the atmosphere.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Get the $40 seats, they sound like they're worth it.

Ditto on the subway. It's so easy to get there.

If you want to go to Monument park, be aware that they cut the line something like 90 minutes prior to the first pitch. That's some sacred baseball ground, so I'd highly recommend it. Get there early enough so that you'll have plenty of time to get in line. Also gives you pretty good views of the bullpen area and into the field, so take a camera.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again - I can't believe they are actually going to tear that place down and play in a new stadium. It's criminal.

Edit: And splurge for the best seats you can possibly afford.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

never been there but I wouldn't let the kids sit in section 39

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbOcy...elated&search=
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Don't eat the "soft" pretzels.
    I'll third the recommendation on the subway. You don't even have to wait for the stop...it'll be obvious.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    I've said it before, but I'll say it again - I can't believe they are actually going to tear that place down and play in a new stadium. It's criminal.
    That's why I'm going. I managed to catch a couple games at Tiger Stadium before they quit playing there too. The only other old park I have left to see now is Fenway, but it looks like tickets are hard to come by there.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IowaRed View Post

"box seats suck"

Quote Originally Posted by IowaRed View Post

I actually sat there for my only visit to Yankee Stadium. It was against the Red Sox on 9/9/01. The hatred between the two wasn't as bad as it is now so it wasn't too bad. It was definitely an experience. The only thing that sucked about these seats is we couldn't get into Monument Park with bleacher seats. You also can't get alcohol out there either but that didn't bother me as much.

Does anyone know how long they have been doing the roll call?

I'm making my first trip to Yankee Stadium in August as well (on my honeymoon).

Where do you go to get in line for monument park? Do you get in line after you enter the stadium?

Also, how hard is it to get back on the subway to manhattan after the game?
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

I'm making a trip to Yankee Stadium and Fenway Park next month.

I can't wait!!!
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

I would like to second the notion on get there as early as possible to "take in the atmosphere". The only other place I could imagine being like that is Boston.

When I went to Yankee stadium last year it was like nothing I have ever experienced before. I have been to many stadiums before, and this was in a whole different universe.

Quote Originally Posted by cincy09 View Post
    I'm making my first trip to Yankee Stadium in August as well (on my honeymoon).

Where do you go to get in line for monument park? Do you get in line after you enter the stadium?

Also, how hard is it to get back on the subway to manhattan after the game?
    Anybody?
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by cincy09 View Post
    Anybody?
    Easy as pie. The 4 train runs all night and everybody will be hopping back on. Your only problem may be waiting a train or two because they'll be so full. Go to either end of the platform rather than standing in the middle, you'll get on quicker
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Forget McDonalds. Go to the Court Deli on 161 and Walton, right accross from the Supreme Court building and two blocks east of the Stadium. The best pastrami in the world. Order it to go. The knishes are great too.Take the subway- Midtown to the Stadium in less than 30 minutes, no hassles. If you're on the east side, take the 4, if elsewhere take the D. Warning: beers at the stadium are really overpriced- $10.00 for a cup of warm Coors. That's how George pays the big saleries.

Turn Off Ads?