Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Draft's '08 class loaded with talent

Re: Draft's '08 class loaded with talent

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    We could get screwed though as the REDS have to offer Dunn arbitration salary, and if he takes it and wins the case, we could end up paying him $14M-16M/year for 4 or 5 years. On a team with a $68M budget that would be suicide.
    Were the Reds to go to arbitration with Dunn, the contract stemming from it would only be for one year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    Were the Reds to go to arbitration with Dunn, the contract stemming from it would only be for one year.

I went back and tried to read this. It's not easy to understand. And this isn't even the attorney's version.

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/200...-glossary.html
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

With the second pick in the 2008 Amatuer Draft the Cincinnati Reds select Jack Armstrong, P, Fla HS
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    With the second pick in the 2008 Amatuer Draft the Cincinnati Reds select Jack Armstrong, P, Fla HS
    The All-American Boy II. Meant to be a Red like his dad.
    Never overlook the obvious

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    The All-American Boy II. Meant to be a Red like his dad.
    Jack Jr. was just named to the AFLAC All-American team. More info here:

http://www.aflacallamerican.com/

Here's a photo from Friday night:

Turn Off Ads?