Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milton to have Tommy John Surgery

Milton to have Tommy John Surgery

It's official: Tommy John for Milton

From the Reds:

On Friday, Eric Milton will have season-ending "Tommy John" surgery to repair the torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left elbow.

Bill Bray had an MRI today that revealved inflammation in his left shoulder. He has been recalled from his rehabilitation assignment.
    -Fay

2. Turn Off Ads?
    got alil captain in u?

Milton to have Tommy John out for season

Per C. Trent milton is scheduled to have tommy john surgery and is out for the year. He has thrown his last pitch as a red and his contract expires at the end of the season. You never wanna see a guys career end like this but it just never worked out for milty here in cincy i wish him well.

Re: Milton to have Tommy John Surgery

Sad news, and I never wish injury upon anybody. It's unfortunate that this, however, will end the Milton era in Cincinnati. Best of luck, Eric.
    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!"

I wonder how long Milton has been hurt maybe that is why we never saw the guy we paid all that money for.

Senor Votto

So do the Reds have to pay his whole years salary even though he was hurt form most of the year?

C-ya

Roster glue

Good fortune to Eric Milton. His physical problems dince his arrival have been well-documented, and although his performance wasn't worth the salary, he pitched through pain and always took the ball. A classy guy, he never moaned in the media about the treatment he received from fans.

Sadly, with his recurrent elbow problems and degenerative knee, it would appear we have seen the last of Eric Milton in the big leagues. I wish him the best.

Never want to see an injury, and I'll always respect Milton for being a stand-up guy who gave it his best. Too bad that John Allen forced him and his contract (along with the Ramon Ortiz trade) on Dan O'Brien when season ticket renewals were declining in the winter of 2004/2005.

got alil captain in u?

as stated milton took the ball and never complained. He stood and took all the of the junk thrown at him by us, sports radio and many more. I respect him for going out there everyday. Yes it was a bad contract but Dano in his wildest dreams prolly couldn't imagine it would go like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dougflynn23 View Post
    Too bad that John Allen forced him and his contract (along with the Ramon Ortiz trade) on Dan O'Brien when season ticket renewals were declining in the winter of 2004/2005.
    You need to get your facts straight.

So what will be the team's standard or mascot of his next tattoo?

I wonder if the Reds have any injury insurance on Milton and his big contract?
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

From what I understand there is about a 90% chance of a full recovery after TJ Surgery. It seems to be that an eight month or ten month recovery is necessary to get completely back to 100%. Milton seems to me to know that he owes the Reds. Would you sign him to a Minor-League contract with an invite to ST next spring? Let him work with the team get him extended ST and see if he can't make this comeback? Questions that I would like to ask because I think there is a legitament argument to them, especially if he can rehab that knee, maybe we can squeeze one last career year out of him. Thoughts?
    this was posted in the ORG and i thought it deserved a discussion in the sun deck as well...

I love the idea of being able to sign him to a 2 year minor league deal. The first being spent entirely on rehab assignments and what not. While we maintain the hope that the 2nd year milton just might fall back into twins like form. On a regular basis pitchers after the surgery pick up a mph or 2 on their respective fastball. With a work up in the count pitcher like milton this could be very benficial and he will have almost an entire year to rest the knee

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    this was posted in the ORG and i thought it deserved a discussion in the sun deck as well...

I love the idea of being able to sign him to a 2 year minor league deal. The first being spent entirely on rehab assignments and what not. While we maintain the hope that the 2nd year milton just might fall back into twins like form. On a regular basis pitchers after the surgery pick up a mph or 2 on their respective fastball. With a work up in the count pitcher like milton this could be very benficial and he will have almost an entire year to rest the knee
    He's left handed. If he recovers from surgery, someone will give him a 1 year major league deal. 1-2 million.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    He's left handed. If he recovers from surgery, someone will give him a 1 year major league deal. 1-2 million.
    what about some sort of incentive laden deal that depended on # of starts and IP?

Turn Off Ads?