Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Milton to undergo Tommy John surgery

Milton to undergo Tommy John surgery

per Trent:

Reds just released this news: Eric Milton is scheduled to have Tommy John surgery Friday and is done for the season. At the end of the year, his contract will expire, so we might have seen the last of him in a Reds uniform.

In other news, Bill Bray has been recalled from his rehab assignment because of left shoulder inflammation.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Milton to undergo Tommy John surgery

That sucks about Bray!

I hope it's not serious and resolves itself quickly.

Good Luck, Eric.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

OK, well that's that. Let's just hope that we don't see an Eddie Guardado or Paul Wilson contract offered to him. I don't want to see another dime spent on him

I really hope people show some class in this thread....
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    That sucks about Bray!

I hope it's not serious and resolves itself quickly.

Good Luck, Eric.
    That does but with Guardado coming back it'd be a squeeze to get Bray on this roster. Let's just get him healthy for next year

I don't wish surgery on anyone, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't relieved to hear the official news that his Reds career was over. Even if it wasn't TJ surgery, Milton couldn't come back and take the mound for the Reds again this season. It would have been a slap in the face to every fan who bought a ticket to see that game. One way or another, his season had to come to an end.

Bad news about Bray. I'm getting the distinct impression something's seriously wrong with his wing and they just haven't identified it yet. Hope I'm wrong.
    Last edited by M2; 06-11-2007 at 09:18 PM.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I don't wish surgery on anyone, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't relieved to hear the official news that his Reds career was over. Even if it wasn't TJ surgery, Milton couldn't come back and take the mound for the Reds again this season. It would have been a slap in the face to every fan who bought a ticket to see that game. One way or another, his season had to come to an end.

Bad news about Bray. I'm getting the distinct impression something's seriously wrong with his wing and they just haven't identified yet. Hope I'm wrong.

Yep. Something is up other than a goofed up finger.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

I'm not particularly sorry to hear that Milton will not be pitching any more for the Reds this year but I am sorry to hear that he will undergo TJ surgery. I would never be happy about that for anyone. For all the difficulties he went through Milton was pretty cool about it. He never went 'Danny Graves' on the fans and he always took the ball when asked.

Whether or not the Reds will offer him a Paul Wilson type of contract is, to me, doubtful but stranger things have happened.

Like redsfan30, I too hope that Reds fans show their great class in this thread.

Rem

Hope he recovers fully and quickly.
    Go Gators!

Here is to a fast and speedy recovery

I hope to see you on the field somewhere next year....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Okay....So now that we're hearing things about Bray's shoulder, that leaves only Gary Majewski standing (just barely) from the Trade.

Yipes.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Okay....So now that we're hearing things about Bray's shoulder, that leaves only Gary Majewski standing (just barely) from the Trade.

Yipes.
    Not exactly. We've got Thompson pitching pretty well in A Ball. Truth be told it was a rotten trade on both sides. Just look at the standings...

Even though he wasn't the best pitcher money could buy, you have to give Milton credit for taking the ball every fifth day.

Well wishes and speedy recoveries, Eric.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Maybe Milton was hurt the whole time?

Kidding. I really hope he rests his arm and leg and wins 20 games next year, or at least the year after.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Not exactly. We've got Thompson pitching pretty well in A Ball. Truth be told it was a rotten trade on both sides. Just look at the standings...
    And the outstanding years Kearns and Felipe are having. Brays shoulder has been an issue for the last month or so, so this isn't anything new.

Turn Off Ads?