Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: 6/12/2007 Reds vs Angels of Anaheim

Re: 6/12/2007 Reds vs Angels of Anaheim

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Maybe we should join the American League?

Great game with lots and lots of positives as well as some daggoned negatives --14 k's???), but good enuf for me. A win is a win, fer sure.

I'm still worried about Arroyo and Majewski simply is a hit machine, but we won!
    I feel better after tonight with BA - just a little...
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?

Okay... just a question... Does anyone know if I can buy the 4 for 48 ticket deal at the Reds ticket window instead of buying the tickets online and paying the service charge per ticket...

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Maybe we should join the American League?

Great game with lots and lots of positives as well as some daggoned negatives --14 k's???), but good enuf for me. A win is a win, fer sure.

I'm still worried about Arroyo and Majewski simply is a hit machine, but we won!
    I swear woy's making up stats right now.......

that or enjoying a lager....
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I have to say--this is probably MY favorite win of the year. I honestly thought the Reds had no shot tonight. I have to say; I'm impressed. Great effort from everyone.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Since 1957, there have been 380 games in which the starter struck out 14 or more. The combined record in those games is 268-55, an .830 winning percentage. Last night's start was the 57th no decision.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Since 1957, there have been 380 games in which the starter struck out 14 or more. The combined record in those games is 268-55, an .830 winning percentage. Last night's start was the 57th no decision.
    Oct. 7, 1975... game 3 of the NLCS.

Pittsburgh Starter John Candelaria strikes out 14 REDS hitters in 7.2 IP. The REDS, however, win 5-3 in 10 innings and sweep the Pirates on their way to the infamous 1975 World Series against the Boston Red Sox. Candelaria only allowed 3 hits... 2 of them were HRs to Concepcion (solo) and Rose (2R HR).

Turn Off Ads?