Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Would like to see the Reds make a run at Eric Byrnes

Would like to see the Reds make a run at Eric Byrnes

Just thinking aloud after looking at potential FA's this offseason, and that's a guy I'd like to see the Reds make a decent run at.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Eric Byrnes

He's likely to cash in somewhere as he's probably playing over his head this season

Re: Eric Byrnes

Don't know if the Cali boy would like to come to the midwest, but he'd be the perfect player to bring into Cincinnati if the price is right. I'd imagine a lot of teams will be after him after the season he's putting up, but it'll be worth a try.

Re: Would like to see the Reds make a run at Eric Byrnes

one of my buddies i was talking to today said that miguel cabrera was a free agent at the end of the season. is there any truth to that? it didn't seem like he'd been in the league long enough for that to me, but he would be a sweet pick up, and castellini could make a statement by spending a little dough.

Spend the dough on pitching, Hopper will fill well until Bruce arrives. Zambrano could be a free agent along with the likes of Buehrle and Jennings.
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

I like Byrnes. he's the type of player that if you have him you love him. If your playing against him, you just hate him.

We will have more money with Milton gone. Lets just spend it wisely.

I personally love mark buerhle he is a innings eating horse and a true top notch number 2 or a 1 if he has a decent offense behind him. At 12 million a yr he is a damn good value guy and I would be one happy Reds fan if he was acquired.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    We will have more money with Milton gone. Lets just spend it wisely.
    Technically Milton's money is already spent on rising salaries of Harang and Arroyo next year. Both get a bump in pay next year that just about absorbs 9 million, so technically Milton's money is spent on current roster.

Also, guys like Phillips will start getting increases in arbitration years.

If we move Dunn, then I think we make a move for an OF RH bat.

That is not to say that Castelinni has to stay pat with current payroll and not bump it up. I like Byrne, but it almost totally comes down to what the salary will add up to.

Byrnes does nothing for me. He is a little better Freel which makes cincinnati fans drool. The milton contract disappearing will have more to do with keeping the players that they have. Free agents are risky buisness, especially for the reds. If the reds want to be competitive in the future they need to get both major league value for Dunn as well as minor league value. But the problem is that they need a major league player who the reds will control for 3 or so years. I dont know if the reds move Griffey. His 600 chase will mean too much to attendance numbers to just ship him away. They almost need better value for Griffey than Dunn.

No. He is the next version of Rex "The Wonder Dog" Hudler. The Reds already have a version - Farney Freel.

Yeah...umm, sorry guys but I just don't see Freel ever hitting 25 home rums like Byrnes did last year, or the 25 he's on pace for this season. That being said, at 31 he is a bit older than I thought originally.

And he's going to want more money than his 20 hrs I guarentee it.
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

Turn Off Ads?