Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Henry Accused Of Assault

Re: Chris Henry Accused Of Assault

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    It's getting to the point where people are going to feel sorry for Henry. First this false information about a failed drug test, now this.
    Well, he did make his own bed, didn't he?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs23 View Post
    According to the police the kid was definitely messed up and someone kicked his butt. Perhaps the part of the story we're missing is where the kids throw something at the Escalade and mouth off, or something along those lines. A 16 year old would be likely to do something like that, and it's not something most 16 year olds would admit to. Unless the kid kicked his own butt and made up the part about Henry and McNeill.
    Or someone at school kicked hit butt and it's more exciting to say Chris Henry did it then some random kid. Or if it was a 98lbs weakling that beat him up and he was embrassed, something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    I blame Adam Dunn
    That is completely insane.
    Everyone knows Bob Boone was the other guy in the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Well, he did make his own bed, didn't he?

Oh, he's no innocent. But there comes a point where if you accuse someone of something they didn't do, no matter how many crimes they committed in the past it doesn't mean they did that one. It's natural to feel sympathy for someone who was falsely accused of something. People have a sense of fair play and while they believe a guy like Henry deserves everything they get for the crimes they committed, they don't believe they should pay for crimes they didn't commit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

First thing I would do is a little investigation into what team this 16 year old kid roots for. I wonder if there might be a Pittsburgh Steelers poster or two up in his room.

This makes absolutely no sense. Now had they said something like this happened at a party, or something along the same lines as Odell just recently it wouldn't be as odd. Like someone already said, I highly doubt a couple NFL players just go randomly seeking out kids on the side of the road to beat up for no reason.

If for some strange reason this is in anyway true, then absolutely Henry should be banned for life.

I am getting a little sick of this stuff. I could trip, fall, hit something, get a black eye, go down to the local police station, say Chris Henry accosted me, and in less than 5 minutes the story would be picked up by a local media source. The police and local media should be held more accountable for what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Oh, he's no innocent. But there comes a point where if you accuse someone of something they didn't do, no matter how many crimes they committed in the past it doesn't mean they did that one. It's natural to feel sympathy for someone who was falsely accused of something. People have a sense of fair play and while they believe a guy like Henry deserves everything they get for the crimes they committed, they don't believe they should pay for crimes they didn't commit.
    You're right. I wasn't feeling particularly sympathetic for Henry...and I still am not, but I guess I should feel more sorry for him.
    Life is nothing but a series of decisions and here's a kid who has landed on the top of the world by the grace of his genetics and he's bent on tossing it down the toilet because he wouldn't know the right choice if it bit him in the butt. The best thing for him would be to rent an island until he's allowed back in the game.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I am getting a little sick of this stuff. I could trip, fall, hit something, get a black eye, go down to the local police station, say Chris Henry accosted me, and in less than 5 minutes the story would be picked up by a local media source. The police and local media should be held more accountable for what they do.

I think you're right about accountability to a point. However Henry brought a lot of this onto himself. If you tripped, fell, hit something and got a black eye and you blamed Carson Palmer, no one would believe you and there wouldn't be anything said about it because Palmer's never had any legal problems. But Henry has a history so when someone says he did something, people are more likely to not give him the benefit of the doubt.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

WLWT is saying that Henry won't be charged with anything.

Breaking News: No Charges Against Bengals' Henry
    Travis Gettys, WLWT.com

POSTED: 4:04 pm EDT June 15, 2007
    UPDATED: 4:49 pm EDT June 15, 2007

FLORENCE, Ky. -- No charges will be filed against Chris Henry in an alleged assault, police said.

The 16-year-old and his family have stopped cooperating with police and two other suspects have been identified in the attack, Florence police said at a Friday afternoon news conference.

Police said the assailants were two Florence men, but officers did not identify them.

The teen had claimed last week Henry, who on probation for a 2006 firearm conviction in Florida, and another man jumped from an SUV and assaulted them June 8 near Mount Zion Road.

The boy also said Bengals wide receiver Reggie McNeal was inside the vehicle during the attack.

A league source told News 5 after those reports had been made public that the allegations had been fabricated.

Henry is among nine Bengals to be arrested since the end of the 2005 season, and he's not the only troubled player to be the subject of conflicting reports of alleged misbehavior.

Last week two men accused Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman, who is eligible to apply for reinstatement to the NFL following a one-season ban for substance abuse violations, of assaulting them earlier this month at a party in Georgia.

However, the men dropped their claims before a scheduled court appearance and no charges were filed against Thurman.

Source: http://www.wlwt.com/news/13512164/detail.html?taf=cin

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    I blame Adam Dunn
    I heard Bob Boone told them to do it.

Let's step back and look at the things Chris Henry has really done. They are all a bunch of very minor stuff. Nothing violent, a lot really petty.

-speeding
    -marijuana in his car
    -no driver's license
    -no car insurance
    -waving a gun around
    -blew .092 alcohol level. Up until recently drunk was .010
    -giving alcohol to minors
    -not using a turning signal

Things he's been falsely accused of:

-having sex with minors
    -beating up minors

I don't know about you but I'm no wild and crazy guy but I've done over half the things on his list and nothing he did was violent or brought harm to others.

This guy is being made the NFL's poster child for arrests and he did come to the NFL very immature but he's not the villian he's made out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Let's step back and look at the things Chris Henry has really done. They are all a bunch of very minor stuff. Nothing violent, a lot really petty.

-speeding
    -marijuana in his car
    -no driver's license
    -no car insurance
    -waving a gun around
    -blew .092 alcohol level. Up until recently drunk was .010
    -giving alcohol to minors
    -not using a turning signal

Things he's been falsely accused of:

-having sex with minors
    -beating up minors

I don't know about you but I'm no wild and crazy guy but I've done over half the things on his list and nothing he did was violent or brought harm to others.

This guy is being made the NFL's poster child for arrests and he did come to the NFL very immature but he's not the villian he's made out to be.
    I have a hard time overlooking the gun incident in Orlando before I'm ready to paint him as the victim here. I do agree with you on the other incidents that you listed. As for the things he's been falsely accused to (incuding the failed drug test), I do somewhat feel bad for the guy, as no one deserves that, particularly if they're (allegedly) truly trying to turn their life around.

Yes the gun and the pot are two things I have no experience with but if I grew up in a violent neighborhood I very well might have a gun. I'm fortunate that I've never lived in such an area.

He got what he deserved for the gun incident and I hope he learned from it but to his credit he didn't use it.

I knew I was forgetting something...the failed drug test! Thanks Boss...

For me, it's not that he owned a gun - it's that he waved it at a group of people (including police officers).

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    For me, it's not that he owned a gun - it's that he waved it at a group of people (including police officers).
    Exactly. And didn't it turn up that the gun was stolen? Where did he get it? I don't consider these actions petty or insignificant.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?