Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Henry Accused Of Assault

Chris Henry Accused Of Assault

The article says this happened last friday.

Jun 13, 2007 12:10 AM

Assault Accusation Against Bengals' Chris Henry

Bengals' wide-receiver Chris Henry is accused of breaking the law again.

9News has learned that Florence police interviewed Henry, along with Bengal Reggie McNeal on Tuesday.

The two football pros may have been involved in assaulting a 16-year-old boy.

The family of the victim shared their story exclusively with 9News Tuesday night.

They talked off-camera because they say they're not ready to publicly show their faces.

But they are angry, alleging that Bengals players Chris Henry, along with a few others, beat the 16-year-old so severely that he had to be treated at the hospital for his injuries.

"It's very obvious," said Captain Linny Cloyd, of the Florence police department. "I've seen the young man. There's no doubt he was assaulted. At this point we're still trying to figure out who is who – where they were."

Police say the 16-year-old and an 18-year-old friend were walking along Wetherington Boulevard near Mt. Zion Road just after 11 p.m. Friday night when, they say a black Navigator or Escalade pulled up next to them.

According to the police report, a white male jumped out and started punching the 16-year-old in the face.

"From that, the victim tells us another gentleman got out of the vehicle the same vehicle and in their attempt to get away, was shoved to the ground by this African American gentleman," said Cloyd.

The teen identified that man as Bengals receiver Chris Henry, and says receiver Reggie McNeill was also in the vehicle.

The teen also alleges that they were throwing beer bottles at him as he tried to run away.

"Go away, we don't want to talk to you."

9News tried to talk to Chris Henry Tuesday night, but no one at his house wanted to talk to us.

Henry lives just a few blocks away from where police say the assault happened.

The victim's family tells 9News that the teen knows Henry and knows his vehicle because he lives in the neighborhood and was friends with Henry's younger brother.

Police questioned Henry Tuesday afternoon and are taking this allegation very seriously.

"We have been in contact with Mr. Henry and Mr. McNeal as to their whereabouts," said Capt. Cloyd. "They deny being in the area, or knowing this gentleman."

Police say they are still following leads and their investigation is on-going.

As for Chris Henry, he's been arrested four times in the past year-and-a-half for marijuana and gun charges, drunk driving and providing alcohol to female minors.

His run-ins with the law got him an eight-game, unpaid suspension this past season.

If these allegation are true, this could spell the end of Chris Henry's career.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has said that Henry would be banished for life if there were any more mis-steps.

Source: http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story...4-0c676af92d8d

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chris Henry Accused Of Assault

Jeez.

Could it be a similar situation to Odell Thurman last week? I don't know, but if this is true I really do hope the NFL drops a lifetime ban on Henry.

The Bengals seem to be suffering from battered spouse syndrome when it comes to Henry. They get upset when he does wrong, but then after the suspension is up, Henry shows up, saying the right things ("Hey, I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean it. Let's get back together."), and the Bengals take him back. Next thing you know, he's off doing something stupid again. Maybe we should call a social worker to check in on the Bengals, because I don't think they're in the right mind to make a good decision about Henry.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

So let me get this straight. Two kids are walking down the street, car pulls up, guys get out, beat the snot out of the kids, throws beer bottles at kids, drives away. Didn't steal anything, no apparent motive, just a couple of NFL players looking for random kids to beat down on a Friday night? I'm not saying I think it happened or not, but sounds real fishy to me...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    So let me get this straight. Two kids are walking down the street, car pulls up, guys get out, beat the snot out of the kids, throws beer bottles at kids, drives away. Didn't steal anything, no apparent motive, just a couple of NFL players looking for random kids to beat down on a Friday night? I'm not saying I think it happened or not, but sounds real fishy to me...
    Thats what I thought. But, then again, I wouldn't put it past Henry to do something like this.
    Witty signature.

I think its just racial profiling.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Yeah, that was my first reaction, as well.
    I kept waiting for them to say the white guy was Palmer. Or Freel.

Police say the 16-year-old and an 18-year-old friend were walking along Wetherington Boulevard near Mt. Zion Road just after 11 p.m. Friday night when, they say a black Navigator or Escalade pulled up next to them.

According to the police report, a white male jumped out and started punching the 16-year-old in the face.
    Either, we're missing a major part of this story, or it's completely made-up.

2 guys just walking down the street, a car pulls up, and just for funzies, they get out and assault the two kids. It doesn't make any sense.

The problem is, neither does Chris Henry so I won't be surprised if/when this story is true.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I'm not ready to believe this is true.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I'm with you. It doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny
    Thats what I thought. But, then again, I wouldn't put it past Henry to do something like this.
    But you also have a good point.

According to the police the kid was definitely messed up and someone kicked his butt. Perhaps the part of the story we're missing is where the kids throw something at the Escalade and mouth off, or something along those lines. A 16 year old would be likely to do something like that, and it's not something most 16 year olds would admit to. Unless the kid kicked his own butt and made up the part about Henry and McNeill.

Apparently that smell was fish...

http://www.wlwt.com/news/13493413/detail.html
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

It's getting to the point where people are going to feel sorry for Henry. First this false information about a failed drug test, now this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

This is embarrassing.

Sue the family.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

I blame Adam Dunn
    Witty signature.

Turn Off Ads?