Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how about this 3-way deal idea between Dodgers/Reds/Pirates???

how about this 3-way deal idea between Dodgers/Reds/Pirates???

I was thinking,, The Dodgers might want Dunn and i like what they have but i also like Jason Bay.. how about this

Dodgers get :
    Dunn(LF) (from Reds)
    Coffey (RP)(from Reds)
    Prospect from Pirates

Reds get:
    Bay (LF)(from Pirates)
    Broxton (RP)(From L.A.)
    Billingsly(SP)(From L.A.)

Pirates get
    Kemp (OF)(From L.A.)
    Travis Wood (SP)(from Reds)
    Brad Salmon RP(from REDS)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: how about this 3-way deal idea between Dodgers/Reds/Pirates???

Jason Bay is very cheap all the way through 2009, I can't imagine why the Pirates would give him up. But yeah I'd take that deal if we could get it.

No chance. The Pirates get royaly screwed in that deal. Why would the Pirates trade Bay for that type of return?

I doubt the Dodgers would part with Kemp, Broxton and Billingsley all in the same deal.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

I doubt that the Pirates trade Bay simply because " you like him".

Because that could be their only reason to do the above.They aren't going to tade Bay without getting back some major pieces.

Bay, Broxton and Billingsley (along with Dunn, who's probably 3rd) have, arguably, the greatest trade value of the players involved , and we get 3 of the top 4.

That trade is very lopsided towards us, and yes the pirates get screwed in that deal, but the return would be great in a fantasy world. If Dunn is moved to the Dodgers it would be in a deal more like this IMHO.

Reds Trade:
    1)Adam Dunn(LF)-The Dodgers get their true middle of the order power bat that they have been lacking.

2)Kyle Lohse(SP)-They get a cheap back end of the rotation guy who will be a FA after the year that will help solidify the rotation to make the push for the division/wild card. Lohse would benefit from playing in Dodger stadium, and is a California native too.

Dodgers Trade:
    1)Andre Ethier-The Reds get a good young solid hitter who can play the corner outfield position, and would probably bat #2 or #6 in the batting order. He is capable of hitting 15-20 hr's driving in 80+ runs and hitting .280+

2)Chad Billingsley-The Reds get a young 23yr old righty who can take over the #5 spot in the rotation immediately, and allows them to be set in the rotation in the years to come. This allows them to focus on acquiring bats for 08, and bullpen help.

3)Johnathon Meloan- A 23yr old righty reliever who has the tools to be a closer in the big leagues. Currently in AA, and is one of the better reliever prospects in the minors. Would at worst be a set-up man in the majors.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

You guys do realize that the Dodgers have 6 starters right now and don't need a 7th.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    I was thinking,, The Dodgers might want Dunn and i like what they have but i also like Jason Bay.. how about this

Dodgers get :
    Dunn(LF) (from Reds)
    Coffey (RP)(from Reds)
    Prospect from Pirates

Reds get:
    Bay (LF)(from Pirates)
    Broxton (RP)(From L.A.)
    Billingsly(SP)(From L.A.)

Pirates get
    Kemp (OF)(From L.A.)
    Travis Wood (SP)(from Reds)
    Brad Salmon RP(from REDS)
    Dodgers get:
    Bay

Pirates get:
    Broxton
    Billingsly
    Kemp

Why would they need to involve the Reds at all?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

How about it just being Dunn for Kemp and Broxton and don't include the Pirates?
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

If Jason bay wee to be on the move in a trade the Dodgers wouldn't even bother with DUNN IMO.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

If Bay were to be traded the fans would burn PNC park down to the ground.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    How about it just being Dunn for Kemp and Broxton and don't include the Pirates?
    I'd do that deal.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

If the Reds got Bay, Broxton and Billingsley in one deal while only losing Dunn and Coffey, we would have to coronate Wayne best GM ever. That is, it's NEVER going to happen.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    I can't see the Dodgers trading Broxton, he is too important to the current team.

I think they would deal Billingsley but I am not sure they would part with Kemp either as they lack RH OF bats.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    If Bay were to be traded the fans would burn PNC park down to the ground.
    Not so much. If the Steelers traded Roethlisberger, that might be the case. Football is still supreme in Steeltown.

I think any deal involving the Dodgers would have to start around Clayton Kershaw or Andy LaRoche(even though we have Edwin). I'm not even sure if Clayton can be moved. Billingsley would be nice too though.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?