Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Guardado, Freel updates

  1. #1
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Guardado, Freel updates

    From John Fay.

    On Guardado, Freel

    Eddie Guardado, fresh off the first half-clinching save for the Dayton Dragons, is headed for Rochester. He'll pitch for Triple-A Louisville Friday, Sunday and Monday.

    "If that goes good, I'm ready to rock," Guardado said.

    That would work with his plan to be pitching for the Reds for the Seattle series next weekend. Guardado, coming back from Tommy John surgery, pitched one inning for the Dragons. He allowed a hit and threw 13 pitches. He hit 88 mph, which is close to what he was throwing before he was hurt.

    Ryan Freel said he's feeling much better -- the headaches and dizziness are gone. He'll go through a battery of tests tomorrow. "I hope they clear me," he said. Freel hasn't done any kind of physical activity since his May 28 collision with Norris Hopper.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,622

    Re: Guardado, Freel updates

    Good news on both accounts. No reason for Freel to rush back, but it's great that his headaches have improved

  4. #3
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,682

    Re: Guardado, Freel updates

    I will be seeing EveryDay Eddie Friday night in person. I will be sure to send back a scouting report as he is supposed to pitch an inning.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  5. #4
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Back in Florida
    Posts
    8,157

    Re: Guardado, Freel updates

    I don't think either of these players will make the team any better at this point.

    At this point, it doesn't really matter anyway.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

    http://dalmady.blogspot.com

  6. #5
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Guardado, Freel updates

    He hit 88 mph, which is close to what he was throwing before he was hurt.
    ... but not anywhere close to what he threw when he was last an effective pitcher. He still has never had the shoulder fixed.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  7. #6
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: Guardado, Freel updates

    Best case scenario for the Reds wrt Guardado is he comes up and pitches well, building his trade value. Then flip him at the deadline along with Weathers and Stanton.

  8. #7
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Guardado, Freel updates

    Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Best case scenario for the Reds wrt Guardado is he comes up and pitches well, building his trade value. Then flip him at the deadline along with Weathers and Stanton.
    he has no long term value to the team whatsoever.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  9. #8
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: Guardado, Freel updates

    Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    he has no long term value to the team whatsoever.
    Castellini says "things line up" when Guardado and Bray get healthy and back on the big club.

  10. #9
    You know his story Redsland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    7,714

    Re: Guardado, Freel updates

    Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Castellini says "things line up" when Guardado and Bray get healthy and back on the big club.
    Yep. Like a firing squad.
    Makes all the routine posts.

  11. #10
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,706

    Re: Guardado, Freel updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    Yep. Like a firing squad.
    Go Gators!

  12. #11
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,622

    Re: Guardado, Freel updates

    Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    I don't think either of these players will make the team any better at this point.

    At this point, it doesn't really matter anyway.
    I know what you mean. The best we can hope for with the 2007 Reds is that they become "palatable" and if Guardado comes back that may mean we see Stormy to mop up for Bailey this afternoon rather than Maj. But your point is well taken...

    I would not be surprised to see Eddie as closer next year, not that I'd like that but...

  13. #12
    The Big Dog mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,879

    Re: Guardado, Freel updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Good news on both accounts. No reason for Freel to rush back, but it's great that his headaches have improved
    I think there is a good reason. Show he's healthy before the trade deadline and then deal him to some GM who values his flash and isn't smart enough to see the lack of substance.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

    Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

  14. #13
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,622

    Re: Guardado, Freel updates

    Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I think there is a good reason. Show he's healthy before the trade deadline and then deal him to some GM who values his flash and isn't smart enough to see the lack of substance.
    That would be in the Reds' best interests, I agree, but would this be in Freel's best interests? I don't want to jeopardize his long term health just so the Reds can get something for him at the trade deadline.

  15. #14
    Reds 5:11 coachw513's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    642

    Re: Guardado, Freel updates

    For the first time, Farney's attitude sounds better...that's great to hear, but I hope the Reds will be very, very cautious with him...you know, like they have been with Guardado and Bailey and such...

    I would assume that if Maj is still on the roster by 6 PM tonite, that management is awaiting Easy Eddie's weekend rehab results...per going as planned, I'd expect Maj to get sent down with Guardado's return next week...

    That fact in and of itself should be a good reason to get Guardado back up here ...seriously, if Maj isn't sent down for Salmon, Guardado or a bucket of balls by early next week I'll be beside myself...no justification exists for keeping him on the ML roster at present (nope, not even the trade...keeping in your system is justification for the trade, but not having him on the 25 man)...


    You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

    Though many of us here are sure trying

  16. #15
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,706

    Re: Guardado, Freel updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    That would be in the Reds' best interests, I agree, but would this be in Freel's best interests? I don't want to jeopardize his long term health just so the Reds can get something for him at the trade deadline.
    That new contract he just signed probably makes him a pretty unattractive part to trade for, let him get healthy have a good 1st half of 2008 then trade him.
    Go Gators!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25