Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Guardado, Freel updates

Guardado, Freel updates

From John Fay.

On Guardado, Freel

Eddie Guardado, fresh off the first half-clinching save for the Dayton Dragons, is headed for Rochester. He'll pitch for Triple-A Louisville Friday, Sunday and Monday.

"If that goes good, I'm ready to rock," Guardado said.

That would work with his plan to be pitching for the Reds for the Seattle series next weekend. Guardado, coming back from Tommy John surgery, pitched one inning for the Dragons. He allowed a hit and threw 13 pitches. He hit 88 mph, which is close to what he was throwing before he was hurt.

Ryan Freel said he's feeling much better -- the headaches and dizziness are gone. He'll go through a battery of tests tomorrow. "I hope they clear me," he said. Freel hasn't done any kind of physical activity since his May 28 collision with Norris Hopper.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Guardado, Freel updates

Good news on both accounts. No reason for Freel to rush back, but it's great that his headaches have improved

I will be seeing EveryDay Eddie Friday night in person. I will be sure to send back a scouting report as he is supposed to pitch an inning.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I don't think either of these players will make the team any better at this point.

At this point, it doesn't really matter anyway.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

He hit 88 mph, which is close to what he was throwing before he was hurt.
    ... but not anywhere close to what he threw when he was last an effective pitcher. He still has never had the shoulder fixed.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Best case scenario for the Reds wrt Guardado is he comes up and pitches well, building his trade value. Then flip him at the deadline along with Weathers and Stanton.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Best case scenario for the Reds wrt Guardado is he comes up and pitches well, building his trade value. Then flip him at the deadline along with Weathers and Stanton.
    he has no long term value to the team whatsoever.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    he has no long term value to the team whatsoever.
    Castellini says "things line up" when Guardado and Bray get healthy and back on the big club.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Castellini says "things line up" when Guardado and Bray get healthy and back on the big club.
    Yep. Like a firing squad.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    Yep. Like a firing squad.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    I don't think either of these players will make the team any better at this point.

At this point, it doesn't really matter anyway.
    I know what you mean. The best we can hope for with the 2007 Reds is that they become "palatable" and if Guardado comes back that may mean we see Stormy to mop up for Bailey this afternoon rather than Maj. But your point is well taken...

I would not be surprised to see Eddie as closer next year, not that I'd like that but...

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Good news on both accounts. No reason for Freel to rush back, but it's great that his headaches have improved
    I think there is a good reason. Show he's healthy before the trade deadline and then deal him to some GM who values his flash and isn't smart enough to see the lack of substance.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I think there is a good reason. Show he's healthy before the trade deadline and then deal him to some GM who values his flash and isn't smart enough to see the lack of substance.
    That would be in the Reds' best interests, I agree, but would this be in Freel's best interests? I don't want to jeopardize his long term health just so the Reds can get something for him at the trade deadline.

For the first time, Farney's attitude sounds better...that's great to hear, but I hope the Reds will be very, very cautious with him...you know, like they have been with Guardado and Bailey and such...

I would assume that if Maj is still on the roster by 6 PM tonite, that management is awaiting Easy Eddie's weekend rehab results...per going as planned, I'd expect Maj to get sent down with Guardado's return next week...

That fact in and of itself should be a good reason to get Guardado back up here ...seriously, if Maj isn't sent down for Salmon, Guardado or a bucket of balls by early next week I'll be beside myself...no justification exists for keeping him on the ML roster at present (nope, not even the trade...keeping in your system is justification for the trade, but not having him on the 25 man)...

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    That would be in the Reds' best interests, I agree, but would this be in Freel's best interests? I don't want to jeopardize his long term health just so the Reds can get something for him at the trade deadline.
    That new contract he just signed probably makes him a pretty unattractive part to trade for, let him get healthy have a good 1st half of 2008 then trade him.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?