Quote Originally Posted by eastkyred View Post
I'm aware that starting high is the thing to do. I just hate to see him turn everyone completely off to even dealing with him. Maybe I'm way off, but I don't think that Dunn will bring anything close to this. If he starts too high, he may turn potentially good trade partners to look in other directions. I would start high, but don't make other teams think that Dunn is basicly off limits by starting too high. I think Bowden has done this very thing with Chad Cordero. People hang up the phone in a hurry and start looking somewhere else. I think Dunn could bring possibly a top prospect, or a major league pitcher (like Santana), but asking for both plus another major league player is like asking for 25,000 for a used car that is worth 10,000. Start at 13,000 and keep them interested in talking.
Krivsky knows what he has in Dunn. He knows that once the market will get better when the trading deadline nears. Its just a game all GM's play when they are sending out feelers for whose available and for what price. The last thing Krivsky wants to do is realize that he could have gotten much more if he had waited.