Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack in the Box has a winner. Sirloin Burger is awesome.

Jack in the Box has a winner. Sirloin Burger is awesome.

I have tried them all, the Angus Burgers from Burger King and McD's, the 6 dollar burger from Carl's/Hardees and none of them seem satisfying. Jack in the Box (yes, you heard that right) has a great Sirloin Burger with Cheese. I ordered one on Thursday and I was surprised when they gave me a choice of cheese (American, Cheddar, or Swiss) and Onion (grilled or Red). I was already impressed. I took swiss and Red onion. The hamburger was very satisfying. A little steep on the price, but worth it to me. I had another one yesterday. Jack and the Box is changing for the better.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Jack in the Box has a winner. Sirloin Burger is awesome.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try that one.

My tip about Jack in the Box is to stay away from the 99-cent tacos if you want to keep that high opinion of Jack.
    /r/reds

My tip about Jack in the Box is stay away... no really... Jalepeno Poppers.

Remember when they blew Jack up?

For a Level Playing Field

1993... E. coli O157:H7 in undercooked hamburgers from Jack in the Box. Four people died and hundreds of others became sick in the Seattle area and other parts of the Pacific Northwest.
    Just make sure that sirloin is cooked!

Unfortunately whenever I hear the name Jack in the Box I think of the food poisoning in 1993. Just more useless(?) knowledge in my brain.

I've never had it, but I'll sure try it.

2 years ago when I caddied on the LPGA Tour, my buddy and I went on a burger-tasting binge. There are some mighty-fine tasting burgers out there. My top 5 burgers under $8 are:

1) The Outback hamburgers. Absolutely amazing. Who knew? Everyone usually gets steak there, but their burgers are really good.
    2) Red Robin. I like the one with the egg on it. Weird, but good if you like eggs.
    3) In an Out (Spelling?). What a cool chain with good, cheap food.
    4) Hardee's Angus Beef burgers. A real burger that's fast.
    5) McDonald's $1 Double Cheeseburger. Tasty little suckers.

I love burgers. And pizza. We ate a boatload of pizza that year too. I put on 15 pounds that year despite walking 40+ miles/week carrying a 40 pound golf bag. <oink, oink>
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Just make sure that sirloin is cooked!

Unfortunately whenever I hear the name Jack in the Box I think of the food poisoning in 1993. Just more useless(?) knowledge in my brain.
    i don't eat meat, but that's the first thing i think of when it comes to jack in the box...ewwwwwwww

No JitB's in this area. I have to settle for Backyard Burger for my fast food burgers. They've got good flavor, but they're usually overcooked to the point of being dry.

Red Robin - sorry, but I can't stand them. The burgers themselves are awful. No wonder they have so many crazy toppings for them -- something has to mask the taste.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    No JitB's in this area. I have to settle for Backyard Burger for my fast food burgers. They've got good flavor, but they're usually overcooked to the point of being dry.
    Man, I miss Backyard Burger. Great waffle fries.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I usually get the chicken sandwiches at BYB. Good stuff. I agree with dabvu2498 on the waffle fries.

It'll be a while before I get more of either, since the only BYB in town closed a few months ago.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Man, I miss Backyard Burger. Great waffle fries.
    Actually, I'm not a big fan of their fries -- I never liked waffle-style. McDonald's fries are the gold standard. I'll get a Backyard burger, then stop by McD's on the way home for fries.

On another note, a lot of people in KC prefer the wafer-thin, crispy hamburger patties at places like Culver's and Winstead's. That baffles me. Those burgers look and taste like the stuff you scrape off the grill after you're done cooking.
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 07-05-2007 at 10:35 AM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

The Hardees "thick burgers" are pretty good. Nice and...well..thick and tasty. I'm a mushroom and swiss fan myself.

Anybody in the cincy area remember the burger joint GD Ritzy's ? Decent burgers and awesome shoestring fries.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

GD Ritzy's was "da bomb" as the kids say....I even loved their coneys and chili that was a "Skyline" knock off...if you are a big Ritzy's fan and are up for a roadie...one still remains--in Huntington WV...I visted it while going to the Reds Winter Caravan stop there in January....

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    GD Ritzy's was "da bomb" as the kids say....I even loved their coneys and chili that was a "Skyline" knock off...if you are a big Ritzy's fan and are up for a roadie...one still remains--in Huntington WV...I visted it while going to the Reds Winter Caravan stop there in January....
    Been there plenty of times when I lived back in Kentucky and I loved it. Best chicken sandwich and the ice cream was great too.

I've never had Jack in the Box. Also, I dont think McDonald's Angus burger has reached West Virginia yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

On another note, a lot of people in KC prefer the wafer-thin, crispy hamburger patties at places like Culver's and Winstead's. That baffles me. Those burgers look and taste like the stuff you scrape off the grill after you're done cooking.
    If it's not thick, it's not a burger.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    If it's not thick, it's not a burger.
    Totally.

Turn Off Ads?