Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Has this town turned on Dunn?

Re: Has this town turned on Dunn?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    My point is that trading him is a bad trade. Period.

13.5 Mil seems like a bargain to me for the type of offensive production he offers.

Pay him 15 Mil a year, and lock him up til he's 32. By that time, I'm hoping this organization could get its collective act together to put a winning team together.
    Trading him is not bad if it's done right. That takes us to the "return" which is so completely obvious it doesn't need to be pointed out, and really is for another discussion.

I LOVE Dunn, but the Reds simply do not need him in order to build a contender. I'd rather them wait until next year to trade Dunn (because it's possible Bruce could be ready in 12 months), but if you get a good deal now, take it.

I don't think this team is very far off from contending in the NL Central, and not just because the division is horrible right now. They could do it next year, but the way I see it, every move they make should be done with 2009 in mind. Quite frankly, I don't think $15 million on Dunn would look so good at that time, given the amount of good young talent that should be here in Hamilton, Bruce, Votto, Encarnacion, Phillips, and Bailey. (Possibly Cueto? Maybe Stubbs in 2010?) Why not go out and get arms who can be ready at that time as well?

Dunn is as strong an offensive weapon as we've had in Cincy for a long, long time, but simply put, he's not needed. Pitching is needed, and Dunn's the best resource we have to get the arms we'll need in 2009 and beyond. Better than the draft and free agency combined.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

2. Turn Off Ads?

I would bet money that all those reds fans that booed Dunn these last few games CHEERED him when he hit those homers or knocked in a run. In other words you could call them hypicrites.:thumbdown
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

I heard Mets fans complaining on sports talk radio because Wright and Reyes were smiling in the dugout during last night's game (a loss to the Yankees).

Turn Off Ads?