Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Zambrano no-hitting Pads right now...

Zambrano no-hitting Pads right now...

6 outs left...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Zambrano no-hitting Pads right now...

Broken up with 5 outs left by Marcus Giles. Weak infield hit.

And Carlos rushed the plate, headbutted his catcher, and choked him out for calling the pitch that led to the infield hit.

(Ok, I made that last one up. But is that too far out of the realm of possibility? )

Is Hill catching for him or Blanco?
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Apparently there was a bench-clearer earlier in the game too. Gotta find ways to entertain those Cubs fans.

Zambrano is a free agent in the offseason. He might not agree to come to Cincinnati,though.

Talkin' Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Apparently there was a bench-clearer earlier in the game too. Gotta find ways to entertain those Cubs fans.
    Young threw on up and in and got Lee. While the ump was busy jawing with the Pads catcher, Lee started lipping at Young. I could read Young's lips on the replay as he said to Lee, "Take your base!" Lee hauled off and took a swing. Plate umpire should have been between them and not flapping his gums. Zambrano ended up coming out of the fray with his belt off, but managed not to get tossed. Young hadn't given up at hit either when he was tossed (although it was only the 4th). Peavy was ejected also. Suspensions sure to follow.

Zambrano loses 1-0 on a homer by Branyan in the 9th.

the Cubs are entertaining i will give them that

Quote Originally Posted by JLB5 View Post
    Zambrano ended up coming out of the fray with his belt off, but managed not to get tossed..
    He had his belt off? Unless he just came from the clubhouse after relieving himself, I can think of no reason for him having his belt off. The guy is a grade A nutjob, which I guess isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB5 View Post
    Zambrano loses 1-0 on a homer by Branyan in the 9th..

I'm sorry I don't know why I get pleasure out of the Cubs' misfortunes...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Just watched the replay a few times online and have to say... I thought DLee would be more of a scrapper. Like Tyler Durden says about fighting Abe Lincoln, "tall guy... long reach."

His first punch at Young was awkward, like he was pushing him away while throwing his right.

Then... and worse... after Young swung and missed and it could have gotten interesting, Lee actually looked like he was circling away from Young instead of going at him. Like he wanted to *appear* to be aggressive but in truth was purposefully getting behind Lou to avoid the fight.

Dunno. Just something I saw.

It all reminds me that I am still hoping to see Dunn get in a scrap before he leaves the Reds (if/when). Was so bummed when he was tripped from behind the one and only time he was storming the mound.
    Last edited by I(heart)Freel; 06-16-2007 at 06:30 PM.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

The Zambrano sweepstakes will definitely be interesting this offseason. The guy's pitching the best baseball of his career yet gets crazier by the minute and question about his arm will surely come into the fray. Still, you want this guy at the top of your rotation, character aside. The Reds will have not shot. And it's unlikely he'll remain with Chicago.

this was actually a really good game to watch, i usually don't watch much baseball if the reds aren't playing, but i was getting in to this one, a little upset young got ejected though, considering he's one of my fantasy starters, and i needed a win, lol.

Peavy's take down of Lee was quite impressive.

Turn Off Ads?