Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Padres lineup

The Padres lineup

Just a quick note:

I knew the Padres didn't have a great offensive team, but Russell Branyan is hitting cleanup for them, and Khalil Greene is their #5 hitter, and he's sporting a .267 OBP. . I fail to see how they could not take part in the Dunn chase. A lineup that poor isn't going to go very far in the playoffs, if they even get that far (but man I'd kill to have their pitching!).

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Padres lineup

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    (but man I'd kill to have their pitching!).
    So would Don King.

Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

Others see that fit too.

http://thegameofbaseball.blogspot.co...what-cost.html

Anyone know the Padres system well enough to propose a fair return?
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

I also noticed that they called up Chase Headley yesterday. I wonder if they're auditioning him for a potential trade, maybe in part of a deal for Dunn.

I know a bit about their farm, and they really don't have any attractive arms if that's what we're looking for. Matt Antonelli is a pretty attractive bat, and plays second. Chad Huffman is pretty decent too

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Just a quick note:

I knew the Padres didn't have a great offensive team, but Russell Branyan is hitting cleanup for them, and Khalil Greene is their #5 hitter, and he's sporting a .267 OBP. . I fail to see how they could not take part in the Dunn chase. A lineup that poor isn't going to go very far in the playoffs, if they even get that far (but man I'd kill to have their pitching!).

And Branyan won the game with a solo homerun.

Turn Off Ads?