--Bronson Arroyo

Re: 6/17 Minor League Updates

Votto 2-3 with a HR and 3 RBI in LF
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Votto in LF is a joke. He is a plodder and is worse than Dunn. The ignorance of this organization never ceases to amaze.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Votto in LF is a joke. He is a plodder and is worse than Dunn. The ignorance of this organization never ceases to amaze.

Quote Originally Posted by HBP View Post
    It is, what it is. As a 1st baseman, he isn't a bad athlete, but in LF, he isn't much. All they are doing is taking away from his 1st base development.

I'll have to go with those who have seen him and says he is as bad as possible....a Jack Cust type, though Cust can't even play First Base.

Maybe it's just one last attempt to get him real playing time in LF, so that when he's a Major Leaguer, he could go out there in an emergency. Facing the possibility that Dunn is traded in the next 30 days and that Votto could be called up at the same time, they are just preparing for emergency PT as a 5th OF. They need to trade or move Conine at the same time they move Dunn, so an opening at 1B appears for Votto.

Hopefully he's not being considered to be playing there full-time.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    I'll have to go with those who have seen him and says he is as bad as possible....a Jack Cust type, though Cust can't even play First Base.

Maybe it's just one last attempt to get him real playing time in LF, so that when he's a Major Leaguer, he could go out there in an emergency. Facing the possibility that Dunn is traded in the next 30 days and that Votto could be called up at the same time, they are just preparing for emergency PT as a 5th OF. They need to trade or move Conine at the same time they move Dunn, so an opening at 1B appears for Votto.

Hopefully he's not being considered to be playing there full-time.
    if they want to open a spot for Votto they would need to deal Hattyberg

Reds relievers getting hit around in AAA!

Guardado: 1 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 0 K, 1 HR
    Majewski: 1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Pedro Lopez (or PeLo) went 2-3 with a pair of walks today. He's hitting nearly .30 points higher in Louisville then he was in Charlotte.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Lecure: 5.2 IP, 5 H, 4 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
    Medlock: 2.1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
    Janish: 0-3 (.239 BA)

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    if they want to open a spot for Votto they would need to deal Hattyberg
    That would do it, too, but I would rather have Hatteberg on the bench than Conine for next year, but that might cause a problem to Hatteberg giving a rookie the starting spot this year when Hatteberg has been pretty good.

My thinking was that with Conine gone, Votto can split starts with Hatteberg, thus keeping peace in the clubhouse and letting Votto blend into the team while not being thrown into the fire.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    A plodder who stole 24 bases in 2006. I am guessing he must have some speed.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    A plodder who stole 24 bases in 2006. I am guessing he must have some speed.
    Votto is really a good quality athlete, he has above average speed. He looks pretty comfortable in Left, which I attribute to some good quality coaching. He definitely is not a plodder, bad choice of words from everyone's favorite poster.

Everyday Eddie will continue to get hammered until he can find some of the velocity he lost. 85mph won't get it done, even in triple AAA.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

He's only in left field now because we will have an opening in left when Dunn is traded and we need to get him up to the bigs this year. After this year he will be our first baseman.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Turn Off Ads?