Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton not hustling?

Hamilton not hustling?

Chris Welsh just said on the broadcast that Josh Hamilton hit a groundball during last night's game and didn't run it out, prompting a veteran to get in his face and tell him that's not how things are done around here.

I was at work last night and missed the game, so could anyone else help me out and let me know what he's referring to? I'm sure the camera's didn't catch Hamilton getting lectured, but I'm just curious as to whether it was truly a lack of hustle on Hamilton's part.

Also, Welsh said that no one on the coaching staff said a word to Hamilton about the incident after he returned to the dugout. I'm not so sure that I agree with that line of thinking, if it is indeed true.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hamilton not hustling?

And that veteran was none other than Ken Griffey Jr.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    And that veteran was none other than Ken Griffey Jr.
    Good for Junior.

I remember that play last night....Josh almost walked to first base....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Good for Junior.

I remember that play last night....Josh almost walked to first base....
    I was kidding. I don't know who it was.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    I was kidding. I don't know who it was.
    Whomever it was, good for them...need to keep Josh focused

Haunted by walks

Then he got in Stanton's face and yelled at him for running out the ground ball.

it was stanton who yelled at hamilton.
    For Love of the Game

"If you aren't first; you're last"

Quote Originally Posted by penantboundreds View Post
    it was stanton who yelled at hamilton.
    Man, that's hilariously awesome.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Chris Welsh just said on the broadcast that Josh Hamilton hit a groundball during last night's game and didn't run it out, prompting a veteran to get in his face and tell him that's not how things are done around here.

I was at work last night and missed the game, so could anyone else help me out and let me know what he's referring to? I'm sure the camera's didn't catch Hamilton getting lectured, but I'm just curious as to whether it was truly a lack of hustle on Hamilton's part.

Also, Welsh said that no one on the coaching staff said a word to Hamilton about the incident after he returned to the dugout. I'm not so sure that I agree with that line of thinking, if it is indeed true.
    Well I heard Welsh say that Hamilton did not run but that's not true. He did pause for a second (thinking it was foul) but immediately took off running after realizing it had a chance to stay fair. Yeah he should have been running right away and since he's a rookie someone should have gotten in his face, but to say that he didn't run is somewhat of a mis-characterization of what actually happened.

I've never seen Hamilton dog it to first....I'm sure if someone got in his face afterward it was to warn him that young players aren't allowed to misjudge foul balls around here...
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

These things always come up during the bad seasons.

Is it because we're all a little angry, or is it because the players are frustrated?

I think it's a little of both.

It's hot, the team stinks and we're all getting fed up with it, players included.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

I think it is extremely petty.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Man, that's hilariously awesome.
    Stanton is a BALLPLAYER, he knows what he's talking about
    Go Gators!

Thanks for the clarification. I had a hard time believing Hamilton wasn't hustling, and I knew if it was put in the proper context, it probably wouldn't look so bad.

Well maybe next time Stanton gives up two or three runs in two thirds of an inning Hamilton should get in his face.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?