Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup Discussion Thread

Re: World Cup Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan
    All in all a fun opener. Germany is in deep trouble if they play that way in the knockout phase.
    Really entertaining game. The Germans nailed two amazing shots. During the game the announcers noted that they're using the equivalent of a juiced ball in this World Cup, so teams may have to risk more because it may take 3 or 4 goals to win a knockout game.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    the team's only real goal-scoring threat Paulo Wanchope.
    The guy who danced though the Man Utd defence on his debut for Derby County in 1996 (ish)

good to see Wanchope in action again .

Meanwhile Ecuador has a real good team. They're a class above Poland and the Poles supposedly had a strong team. This on the heels of a supposedly weak team from North America giving the host Germans some trouble. I'm starting to wonder if the story of this World Cup will be that much of the world has caught and in many cases surpassed the Europeans.

Ecuador were quite poor till the goal. Played pretty well afterwards though and deserved the win.

Meanwhile Ecuador has a real good team. They're a class above Poland and the Poles supposedly had a strong team. This on the heels of a supposedly weak team from North America giving the host Germans some trouble. I'm starting to wonder if the story of this World Cup will be that much of the world has caught and in many cases surpassed the Europeans.
    Poland played uninspired force it in the box football, Ecuador, played a great spread and used the whole field. Poland deserves the defeat they didn't fight hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Poland played uninspired force it in the box football, Ecuador, played a great spread and used the whole field. Poland deserves the defeat they didn't fight hard enough.
    What I really liked is that Ecuador seemed to figure out early on that you can really drill these balls and took a few long range shots. It didn't net direct results, but it sucked the Polish defense forward a bit and created some space to attack into behind it.

It seemed to me that in a lot of cases the ball was getting away from the Poles in their buildup and the Ecuadorans had superior legs and quickness, enabling them to take possession.

What I really liked is that Ecuador seemed to figure out early on that you can really drill these balls and took a few long range shots. It didn't net direct results, but it sucked the Polish defense forward a bit and created some space to attack into behind it.

It seemed to me that in a lot of cases the ball was getting away from the Poles in their buildup and the Ecuadorans had superior legs and quickness, enabling them to take possession.
    True, they moved the ball quite well side to side, this seemed to confuse the Poles who tended to bunch and thus create more space as well.

Great support from the Polish fans throughout. An excellent opening day.

For me THE big one tomorrow. The buzz is amazing at the moment, a win would be fantastic for England.

Quote Originally Posted by RawOwl UK
    Great support from the Polish fans throughout. An excellent opening day.

For me THE big one tomorrow. The buzz is amazing at the moment, a win would be fantastic for England.
    6 am game time for me on that one...

got alil captain in u?

Anybody see englands win on the own goal by the player from paraguay boy do they feel dumb couldnt' muster a goal yet u give one up by ur own guy england look sluggish hopefully us americans will show um how it's done monday

For a Level Playing Field

Trinidad & Tobago!

got alil captain in u?

they played a heck of a game they celebrated like they won and rightfully should have

Sunday night - after watching 6 of the 8 matches played in the tournament, the Dutch looked the most impressive and played the best soccer. They attached creatively, switched fields impeccably, and showed through Sneider, von Persie, et al that their young players are going to be contributors. Also, I noticed they played a 3-4-3. I loved Van Basten as a player, and he is showing something as a coach,as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread
    Sunday night - after watching 6 of the 8 matches played in the tournament, the Dutch looked the most impressive and played the best soccer. They attached creatively, switched fields impeccably, and showed through Sneider, von Persie, et al that their young players are going to be contributors. Also, I noticed they played a 3-4-3. I loved Van Basten as a player, and he is showing something as a coach,as well.
    Eric Wynalda kept making the point that the Dutch were laying out a blueprint for the U.S. to follow tomorrow. I tend to agree. Problem is Van Basten made some vicious cuts, leaving behind many of his nation's "star" players. He didn't kid himself about what type of players are needed to play that style. The U.S. meanwhile is going to have Claudio Reyna and Brian McBride playing central roles and they're well-past the point where they can apply the constant pressure that the Dutch did today and that the U.S. would do well to emulate.

got alil captain in u?

tommorrow is a very big day for american soccer a win or tie tommororw would be huge watch out of onyewu on the back line he can handle the big man from czech republic im taking the Red White and Blue in a Stunner 1-0 on a demarcus beasley goal in the 85th minute they will go on to make it out of group e

Turn Off Ads?