Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup Discussion Thread

Re: World Cup Discussion Thread

Which is kind of funny, because he had to miss a significant amount of time in one game due to a legitimately hard foul. I don't remember him diving all that much before that ( I don't see a ton of soccer though, so maybe he did ). Maybe he's gunshy now?

2. Turn Off Ads?

While that may play a part, he's always had a reputation in the EPL as a diver, but nothing secures reputation--whether deserved or not--like the World Cup.

Also, I think many teams and players known for diving saw the high amount of cards dished out early on by the refs and decided to 'go for the gusto,' so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS

Also, I think many teams and players known for diving saw the high amount of cards dished out early on by the refs and decided to 'go for the gusto,' so to speak.
    That's kind of where I was coming from on that post. It's like he figured he paid his dues by actually getting hurt, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    That's kind of where I was coming from on that post. It's like he figured he paid his dues by actually getting hurt, etc.
    Mmmm, yeah, good reasoning; that makes sense.

Regardless, he's really done his career a disservice.

Cristiano Ronaldo was one of my least favorite players long before this World Cup. It might have somehting to do with the fact that he plays for ManUre, but he's always seemed like a primadonna who's a lot more flash than thunder. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, but he's all about the glitz and glamour. I hate that in athletes.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Wily MO, who is the Big Blue in your signature? It's not Hamilton High School is it?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    Wily MO, who is the Big Blue in your signature? It's not Hamilton High School is it?

LMAO, any questions? BTW, is Hamilton High School in Cincy?

p.s. you're welcome

It's an old primarily factory town about 30 miles northwest of Cincy and they've never really had a mascot, it was always just Hamilton Big Blue (although I think they might have changed that recently). Over the past decade they've had what I believe to be the best overall baseball program in the city and maybe even the state. I was from the town next door and we've always been big rivals (although when I was in school we dominated them ). I was born there and I think Cedric is from there as well as Kitty.

And I'm still a little confused. Does Big Blue stand for Ashley Judd of for UK? If it's Judd, then that's fine. If it's UK, I'd like any positive rep I've ever given you back and any compliment I might have ever paid you and we can no longer be friends.

My father-in-law desperately wants that hockey poster. And the girl on it, of course.

The University of Kentucky has a hockey team?

Apparently so do Louisville, Vanderbilt and UT.

Are they club teams or affiliated with something outside the NCAA?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

It's an old primarily factory town about 30 miles northwest of Cincy and they've never really had a mascot, it was always just Hamilton Big Blue (although I think they might have changed that recently). Over the past decade they've had what I believe to be the best overall baseball program in the city and maybe even the state. I was from the town next door and we've always been big rivals (although when I was in school we dominated them ). I was born there and I think Cedric is from there as well as Kitty.

And I'm still a little confused. Does Big Blue stand for Ashley Judd of for UK? If it's Judd, then that's fine. If it's UK, I'd like any positive rep I've ever given you back and any compliment I might have ever paid you and we can no longer be friends.
    Sic 'em, Blimpie!!!!!!!!

Although I must admit that no one calls a time-out quite like your boy...

My Michigan logo is for academics, not sports (I'm an alum). I don't think you want to go there with UK.

My Michigan logo is for academics, not sports (I'm an alum). I don't think you want to go there with UK.

It appears that he ain't a member of your constituency
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Although I must admit that no one calls a time-out quite like your boy...
    Yawnn..... at least our coach didn't punch a player eh?

LMAO, academics??? That's a four letter word.

what's your educational 'story'? Did you go to Meeechigan for undergrad or grad? Their graduate schools are great, for sure.

I didn't realize the level of hatred for Michigan fans by a lot of Ohioans b/f I moved to Cleveland.

Turn Off Ads?