Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What is it with our TV announcers?

What is it with our TV announcers?

Do they even watch the game or just sit there and talk to each other?

EE was batting. He swung and missed the first two pitches and then took two balls. He then fouled off the next pitch.

Announcer: Edwin fouls off another one. It was the first time he touched the ball.

A Ranger was batting. He fouled off the first pitch and took the second for strike two.

Announcer: That's strike one.

Maybe they should pay more attention to the game. Ya think?
    Last edited by macro; 06-18-2007 at 03:09 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What Is It

If I had to announce for this lousy team all season, I wouldn't want to watch too much either..
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

throws 106. NBD.

George is too busy day dreaming about Jim Edmonds and Chris is too busy plotting against Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver62 View Post
    with our TV announcers? Do they even watch the game or just sit there and talk to each other?

EE was batting. He swung and missed the first two pitches and then took two balls. He then fouled off the next pitch.

Announcer: Edwin fouls off another one. It was the first time he touched the ball.

A Ranger was batting. He fouled off the first pitch and took the second for strike two.

Announcer: That's strike one.

Maybe they should pay more attention to the game. Ya think?

Are you talking specifically about yesterday's game? If you are, the announcers were a distracted yesterday since they were talking mostly about father's day, talking on the phone with their kids, players fathers, etc.

While I don't generally like Grande & Welsh, they did a fantastic job talking to the Reds players families.

I really did enjoy yesterdays broadcast even though the Reds sucked it up.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

While we are on bad b-ball commentating...I LOVED Larkin as a player, but having to listen to him the last few days doing the CWS has been awful!!!

Re: What is it with our TV announcers?

Welsh is a good broadcaster.
    Who's on first?

Talkin' Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by T7-niner View Post
    Are you talking specifically about yesterday's game? If you are, the announcers were a distracted yesterday since they were talking mostly about father's day, talking on the phone with their kids, players fathers, etc.

While I don't generally like Grande & Welsh, they did a fantastic job talking to the Reds players families.

I really did enjoy yesterdays broadcast even though the Reds sucked it up.

Yesterday's game was a planned event around Father's Day. They have also done this for Mother's Day in the past. Lots of extra interviews and limited commercials, so far from the typical broadcast.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

This thread is a clear example of why I turn the Tv down and listen to the radio broadcast while watching...FSN Ohio is only slightly above amatuerish when it comes to quality...

I'm really glad Thom came back home. However, he gets way too "stubborn," on some stats.
    Tonight he talked about the A's starting pitcher, Blanton, who's from Bowling Green, KY. He was very adamant about how this pitcher started playing varsity ball in 7th and 8th grade because Bowling Green, is so small with their one high school.

I'm originally from Ohio, and far be it from me to stick up for KY, but Bowling Green, KY has 4 high schools all with about an enrollment of roughly 1,200 students 9-12. The town has 50,000 people.

But if that's my worst complaint, after sitting through George Blande every night, I guess that's not too bad.

Turn Off Ads?