Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clippers unveil new stadium

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Re: Clippers unveil new stadium

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    If the Clippers become a Reds affiliate, I'd lose my mud.

I'd seriously buy season tickets.

And me as well.

Wow, what a beautiful looking ballpark.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    can't stand toledo but 5/3 field is fantastic. indy's park looked real nice from the rca dome. i'm sure when the one is done in columbus it will have rave revues as well.
    Victory Field in Indianapolis is two-tiered, but the seats are soclosetogether.

Dayton's 5/3 Field is much nicer than Toledo's 5/3 Field. IMO. The sight lines are horrible at Toledo.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Reds are tied up with Louisville thru 2010
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

That was stupid. No offense to Louisville, but Columbus would be a smart location for your AAA team. Plus it would peel away from the indians.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    I am a Columbus resident and regularly attend Clipper games---but let me be the first to say if any city doesnt deserve a new stadium--its us....we are woeful as a baseball town. Its depressing when the only thing that draws fans is lukewarm ten cent hot dogs....also from what I have read there is no way we get a Reds affiliate...Louisville has that locked up for a period of time that is beyond the end of the Nats contract with C-Bus.
    They are the nationals AAA team... who gives a flip? Back when the Yankees AAA team had perennial success the Clippers was getting huge support.

When the Yankees started buying championships, the Clippers suffered and now we have poor support from the fans. Put a winner on the field and the fans will come. No different than anywhere else.
    Last edited by smith288; 06-18-2007 at 11:34 PM.

Very, very pretty. Gosh.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

With a new stadium will the team finally get a real radio deal and decent announcers?

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    That was stupid. No offense to Louisville, but Columbus would be a smart location for your AAA team. Plus it would peel away from the indians.
    Why worry about Indians fans? not like the Reds and Indians are real rivals playing a whopping 6 games a year, people can be fans of both, Louisville is ripe for picking up fans who really don't have any other choices for a "local" team...they also draw extremely well.

Besides it's 5 miles closer to Cincinnati
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Why worry about Indians fans? not like the Reds and Indians are real rivals playing a whopping 6 games a year, people can be fans of both, Louisville is ripe for picking up fans who really don't have any other choices for a "local" team...they also draw extremely well.

Besides it's 5 miles closer to Cincinnati
    I have been in columbus my whole life and one thing I know is that you pick a team. Being a fan of both is just weird from where I come from. I chose not to be a fan of the mistake on the lake.

I dont hate the Indians, just dont care for them but that poopy dog football team i loathe. Their colors, their stupid dawg pound. Kosar, Metcalf, The "Soljah". Hate them (in a sports sense). The Indians just get residual dislike carried over from the 'Stains.

Actually, the graveyard next door is better... and the people there are nicer.
    Back when Juan Gonzalez was an up & comer with the Rangers, I saw OKC take on the Clippers. During pre-game, Juan was goofing around down the 3rd base line. He picked up a ball, tossed it in the air, and proceeded to hammer the ball into the deepest recesses of the cemetary. In terms of raw power (ie, he didn't have the pitch coming in at 90+ mph), it is quite possibly the hardest hit ball** that I've ever seen in person.

**by someone not hopped up on performance enhancing substances
    Last edited by 15fan; 06-19-2007 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Back when Juan Gonzalez was an up & comer with the Rangers, I saw OKC take on the Clippers. During pre-game, Juan was goofing around down the 3rd base line. He picked up a ball, tossed it in the air, and proceeded to hammer the ball into the deepest recesses of the cemetary. In terms of raw power (ie, he didn't have the pitch coming in at 90+ mph), it is quite possibly the hardest hit ball** that I've ever seen in person.

**by someone not hopped up on performance enhancing substances
    OKC played the Clippers? Was it for the American Association championship or something?

OKC played the Clippers? Was it for the American Association championship or something?

The IL and AA played "interleague" games from 88-92. I can remember seeing Dean Palmer in COL with the OKC squad as well. He had around 20 homers on Memorial Day right before he got called up.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I read today that they plan to keep the ticket prices the same, anywhere from $5-$10 apiece. It will be interesting to see how the organization draws in the new stadium. Clipper teams in the past few years since I've been in Columbus have not drawn well at all. I went to a game earlier in the year and there couldn't have been more than 500 people there. We'll see if it is because of Cooper Stadium and its surrounding area or if Columbus just isn't a good baseball town.

And Redsfan1966, I agree, those 10 cent hot dogs are awful. It doesn't get much better than eating a hot dog at a baseball games, but those things aren't edible.
    Those within driving distance of Charleston, WV wanna see what a new park can do for a city? Come out and see Appalachin Power Park in downtown Charleston. Before you could bring a bag and snag all the baseballs you wanted for LL Batting Practice now they are averaging upwards of 4k fans per game.

Durham also has a very nice stadium. It is the only place I enjoy outside of Duke in the entire city.

Plopping a shiny new park right smack dab in the middle of the Arena District pretty much assures them bigger crowds than at the Coop.

I like the idea of being able to hop on Neil Avenue to catch a ballgame before an evening's festivities.

As far as the affiliate is concerned any parent club will be better than the Yankees or Nationals. That whole Yankee thing just made me feel dirty for rooting for my home town club.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Turn Off Ads?