Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This team is dead.

This team is dead.

Look at the body language in the dugout. Everyone is just sitting there half asleep. There's no emotion. There's no desire. There's no fun. This team has stopped playing. It's June and this team has given up. This team is not this bad. It's not 17 under bad. As every day oes by and Krivsky doesn't make a trade, and doesn't fire the manager it makes him look worse and worse. The season is over. This team is bad. However, there is no reason for this team to be dead in June. Something must be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?
    uoduck1017

Re: This team is dead.

I don't know how many of you are actually like this, but I basically root for the Reds to lose, now at least. Believe me, I am a diehard fan and I love the Reds so much. But I know that for the future to be bright, the present must be bad...very bad.

I just want Jerry Narron to be fired. At least give me that Wayne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

uoduck1017

The big question is...who do you hire to replace him? A lot of people seem convince Bucky Dent would be the interim guy, but who should lead this club in 2008 and beyond?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Look at the body language in the dugout. Everyone is just sitting there half asleep. There's no emotion. There's no desire. There's no fun. This team has stopped playing. It's June and this team has given up. This team is not this bad. It's not 17 under bad. As every day oes by and Krivsky doesn't make a trade, and doesn't fire the manager it makes him look worse and worse. The season is over. This team is bad. However, there is no reason for this team to be dead in June. Something must be done.
    I want to agree with you, but it sounds like you just want change for the sake of change. A trade needs to be made now (why shouldn't he wait to try to get maximum value out of said trade?). Narron needs to be fired (so we can replace him with...?).

Personally, I'm willing to wait to make sure the right moves are made, rather than rushing to fire him or trade them in an attempt to temporarily appease the fans.

signing narron and krivsky was a red letter day in this organization, what a heist, I bet the other organizations are green with envy

One more time: Krivsky's been the GM for less than 2 seasons, and only 1 pre-season. No GM is going to come in here, be given a $70 million payroll, and build a powerhouse team in less than 2 years.

And firing Narron won't make the pitching any better.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    No, we are not 17 under bad, only 12 under bad at this point.
    *Edit* oops, realized now you meant 17 under .500, my bad!!
    Last edited by bounty37h; 06-19-2007 at 10:42 AM. Reason: oops, realized now you meant 17 under .500, my bad!!

2 words: Bobby Valentine

I have no stats to back this up, but it seems that whenever the Reds have fired a manager in the middle of the season, the interim manager wins a substantial more amount of games, and then the Reds hire him full time. Then this new manager has a horrible year after a season or two and he gets fired in the middle of the season.

I just wish the Reds would hire a legitimate manager that would inspire the team to win, and make good coaching decisions. I do not want another interim manager to get the job because he did better than the guy we fired.

my two cents.

uoduck1017

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMilner View Post
    I have no stats to back this up, but it seems that whenever the Reds have fired a manager in the middle of the season, the interim manager wins a substantial more amount of games, and then the Reds hire him full time. Then this new manager has a horrible year after a season or two and he gets fired in the middle of the season.

I just wish the Reds would hire a legitimate manager that would inspire the team to win, and make good coaching decisions. I do not want another interim manager to get the job because he did better than the guy we fired.

my two cents.
    That is exactly the main problem here. It is a vicious cycle, and it only stands to reason that the interim manager would do better because he simply can't do any worse. I just don't know if the team or the fans can take the rest of the year with Narron though...this team is brutally painful to watch.

Yes we have to stop the cycle. I am more than happy to let Narron finish out this season, providing someone keeps him from abusing the big 3 (Harang, Arroyo, and Bailey).

They are dead. I have MLBtv and for the first time in a long time I haven't been turning the computer on to watch. I will tonight just to see Homer. But it's just to depressing to watch loss after loss. I'd rather do something else.

I am a big UNC fan, and our football team has been similar to the Reds lately, stinking it up to summarize. Last year, they decided to fire the head coach in season, but let him finish out the year. That way, they could go ahead and start talking to replacement prospects, and didnt get stuck in the "interm did better, so lets sut stick with him" situation. They ended up getting Butch Davis, one of the best coaches available, and on top of it, won the last few games still under the old coach, as it lifted the cloud over them of not knowing whats going on, and kind of gave them a boost. Could something like this benefit the Reds in this situation?

uoduck1017

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I am a big UNC fan, and our football team has been similar to the Reds lately, stinking it up to summarize. Last year, they decided to fire the head coach in season, but let him finish out the year. That way, they could go ahead and start talking to replacement prospects, and didnt get stuck in the "interm did better, so lets sut stick with him" situation. They ended up getting Butch Davis, one of the best coaches available, and on top of it, won the last few games still under the old coach, as it lifted the cloud over them of not knowing whats going on, and kind of gave them a boost. Could something like this benefit the Reds in this situation?
    Something like this might work, but I have a hard time believing the players would give all their effort to a manager who is all but gone. (Actually, that is the current state of the Reds if you think about it.)

Turn Off Ads?