Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brad Lidge

Brad Lidge

You heard it here first. The Reds, with Krivisky on the road trip, will acquire the closer from Houston and take on his contract because ownership wants to win and needs to sell tickets for the summer.

It might cost them Encarncion along with others. I do think Coffey will be going to the minors and we might be seeing the likes of Majewski and Bray very soon.

Anyways, when this goes down (like I said it is a prediction), you heard it here first.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brad Lidge

Lidge and Ensberg (he's out of favor there) for EE and ????....

It's not implausible, frankly.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Lidge and Ensberg don't help this team this year, and won't contribute much more next year.

It would take EE + more than we can afford for both Lidge and Ensberg.

Build towards the future, don't try and put a band aid on 2007.

My thoughts are the Astros will not make any trades with the Reds unless it very minor one. You do not help your division opponet anytime. If Lidge or Ensgerg will be traded it will be with teams first in the American league who the Astros will not face unless meeting in the world series which is unlikely for them or to an NL club that is not an threat to the Astros.

Anyone remember any big trades between two teams in the same division. I for one cant right off hand but some one else could remember?

Not saying your are wrong, highlife, but I am assuming the Reds may not agree with you. The trades I would like to see would amount to building for the future as well, but I don't think they will be. Assuming the Reds are not on that page, I can see them pursuing Lidge and Ensberg.

Royals Fan, off the top of my head and with no research:

Aramis Ramirez to the Cubs from the Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by Royals Fan View Post
    My thoughts are the Astros will not make any trades with the Reds unless it very minor one. You do not help your division opponet anytime. If Lidge or Ensgerg will be traded it will be with teams first in the American league who the Astros will not face unless meeting in the world series which is unlikely for them or to an NL club that is not an threat to the Astros.

Anyone remember any big trades between two teams in the same division. I for one cant right off hand but some one else could remember?
    Not saying I would do the deal (though it is intriguing, I'd require a prospect as well), but they might to get Dunn to his hometown.

Your right there and dont recall if Ramirez was an FA after that year why the Bucs dealt him. Last big trade betwwen the Reds and Astros goes back to Joe Morgan trade.

Lidge for Eddie would be a great deal. But it won't happen.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Royals Fan View Post
    Your right there and dont recall if Ramirez was an FA after that year why the Bucs dealt him. Last big trade betwwen the Reds and Astros goes back to Joe Morgan trade.
    Ramirez was in the 2nd year of a 3 year contract. He was traded because the Pirates didn't think he was good enough defensively and was expensive at 5 million a year. He was well on his way to making 33 errors for the second straight year. After being paired with a GG firstbaseman however, his error totals dropped to 10, 16, and 10 in 2004-2006. But the Pirates did get Bobby Hill in return.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Not saying I would do the deal (though it is intriguing, I'd require a prospect as well), but they might to get Dunn to his hometown.

Where's he going to play?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

No doubt. The Dunn to Houston stuff should be at an end based on this reality:

OF depth: Carlos Lee, Hunter Pence, Luke Scott, Jason Lane (with Chris Burke just EEd to AAA) with Lance Berkman at 1b. Houston has no need of Dunn, and no room for him.

Why is everyone so enamored with Lidge? He hasn't been effective for two years now.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

It's not that I am enamored with him per se, paintme, it's just that his problems seem to be all head-based, and his stuff remains electric. I guess the hope that a change of scenery might help the lambs stop screaming for him is not that far-fetched. It would be far from a sure thing, picking him up, that's for certain.

But he misses bats at a rate that is VERY unfamiliar to the rest of the Reds' pen...

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Where's he going to play?
    LF or RF with Lee playing the other. You'd play him over Scott, I would think.

Turn Off Ads?