Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bright Future in Reds Country

Re: Bright Future in Reds Country

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    I think Hamilton will only improve marginally.
    If he keeps his life on track, I think you're way wrong on this one. Let's both hope you are.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bottom line....... This team and organization needs a leader!

The future does look bright. There are the current players and some fantastic position players in the minors (Bruce, Votto, Valaika - who a lot of people aren't talking about), but it always comes down to pitching, or more specifically the bullpen. I think the Reds have got some young guys that can really form a solid bullpen. Salmon, McBeth, Coultangus and Burton are all rookies, and as expected have struggled from time to time. But they've shown they have some good stuff and when they get some more experience the rest of this year and in winter ball, they should only get better. And not to mention Bray should be returning soon from injury, which should only help.

Plus, there are a few relievers in Chattanooga tearing things up...

Calvin Medlock (age 24) has a 2.74 ERA, 0.85 WHIP, 11.15 K/9, an absurd 11.4 K/BB ratio, and only 3 HR given up in 46 IP.

Richie Gardner (age 24) has a 1.82 ERA, 1.01 WHIP, 8.74 K/9, 4.1 K/BB ratio, and just 1 HR given up in 34 IP.

Carlos Guevara (age 25) has a 2.97 ERA, 1.23 WHIP, 12 K/9, 3.4 K/BB ratio, and 3 HR given up in 33.1 IP.

Of course, most likely all 3 won't have an impact at the ML level, but if just 1 pans out into a good quality reliever, it'll add onto an already good young cast of pitchers in the 'pen.

Turn Off Ads?