Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bruce & Cueto to Chattanooga, Watson to Sarasota

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Bruce & Cueto to Chattanooga, Watson to Sarasota

I like the promotions. I think you keep pushing Jay Bruce to face better pitching. Hopefully as the pitching gets better, his eye will improve. His gaudy numbers and ability to rake at single-A really de-incitivizes selectivity. I imagine everything thrown at him looked hittable -- working the count will be key to the next stage in his development.

The Gardner promotion really strikes me as a bit of baseball savvy, and I'm not just saying that because I've been calling for him to be on an aggressive promotion schedule around here for a while. It makes perfect sense to put him against the best competition he can handle. He's not young anymore by prospect standards -- so see what he can give you now and give him a chance to learn how to retire quality hitters with the stuff he currently has. Success at AAA will be a very good indicator for him, because I imagine he's still got at least 2-3 MPH left to recover on his fastball as he completes his recovery from surgery.

Good news from the farm makes up for another lackluster day in the show.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Ya can't teach speed...

I don't know where the best source is. According to the Dayton roster Watson is still there as of this moment. And, Valaika didn't play tonight but he is still on the roster as well. Could be that he is just getting a rest, or he could be on the road to Sarasota.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Cody Strait seems to be at Sarasota.

Where is everyone getting this info? Just from the rosters?

For what it is worth Carson Kainer got option to Dayton as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Triples View Post
    I don't know where the best source is. According to the Dayton roster Watson is still there as of this moment. And, Valaika didn't play tonight but he is still on the roster as well. Could be that he is just getting a rest, or he could be on the road to Sarasota.
    Nobody played for Dayton tonight, they didn't have a game because of the all-star break. Fay is a better source of info then just going through the rosters. Looking through the roster just allows you to try to figure out what he didn't report.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by mkainer21 View Post
    For what it is worth Carson Kainer got option to Dayton as well.
    Thanks. Any reason why?
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Ya can't teach speed...

Duh..My bad...I was looking at the last box score that was on the Dragon's home page and Valaika wasn't in the lineup. I should have looked at the date. all the moves will become evident soon.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Nobody played for Dayton tonight, they didn't have a game because of the all-star break. Fay is a better source of info then just going through the rosters. Looking through the roster just allows you to try to figure out what he didn't report.

Front page of the Dayton Daily News -

Watson, Rojas, & Gerardo Cabrera to Sarasota.

Kainer, Kevin Gunter, & Terrell Young to Dayton.

Terry Reynolds also quoted "More moves should be coming".
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Suprised Kainer would be moved down. I know they kind of threw him there to fill a spot, but he's held his own.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Suprised Kainer would be moved down. I know they kind of threw him there to fill a spot, but he's held his own.
    Maybe he's filling another spot until additional draftees get signed.

Call it a gut feeling, but I think Valaika gets bumped to Sarasota when Todd Frazier signs and takes the SS position in Dayton. With Tordi getting sent to Billings from Dayton, the Dragons are now short a middle infielder...I think.

SARASOTA -- One of the hottest selling items when the Sarasota Reds open the second half of the FSL's split season tonight at 7 against the visiting Fort Myers Miracle just might be souvenir programs with roster inserts.

The SaraReds (43-27) promoted five players to Double-A Chattanooga after they closed out the first half Wednesday with a 7-4 victory over the Clearwater Threshers (39-31).

Sarasota, which clinched the West Division title Monday night, spotted Clearwater a 4-0 lead after two innings before rallying for seven consecutive runs in front of 1,291 Kids Camp Day spectators at Ed Smith Stadium.

SaraReds All-Star third baseman Mike Griffin snapped a 4-4 tie with his sixth home run of the season in the bottom of the seventh inning before the hosts added two insurance runs in the eighth.

Carson Kainer, Eric Eymann, Josh Holden and Griffin each had two hits in Sarasota's 11-hit offense. The SaraReds lead the league with a .277 team batting average.

Cincinnati director of player development Terry Reynolds said outfielder Jay Bruce, infielder Adam Rosales along with right-handed pitchers Johnny Cueto, Ramon Ramirez and Josh Roenicke were called up Wednesday.

Pitchers Rick Asadoorian, Carlos Fisher and Richie Gardner were promoted earlier.
    http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...706210467/1006

Is Rosales at 1B to stay? Has there been any talk of him moving back to the middle infield or over to 3B in the future?

this is so great to see...looking forward to hearing about the young guns!!

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Thanks. Any reason why?
    I think Dayton is where he is suposed to be. But, I also think he proved himself in Sarasota. Your guess is as good as mine! Although, he will get to play alot in the outfield, which is what he needs the most.

uoduck1017

I have not heard much about Richie Gardner since he had the surgery. Do you guys believe he could make an impact for the Reds down the road?

Quote Originally Posted by mkainer21 View Post
    I think Dayton is where he is suposed to be. But, I also think he proved himself in Sarasota. Your guess is as good as mine! Although, he will get to play alot in the outfield, which is what he needs the most.
    Is it possible he just thought he'd be more comfortable in Dayton? I see a lot of Texans on the Dragons roster (including former teammate Drew Stubbs). By the way, are you a friend or relative of Carson Kainer?

Turn Off Ads?