Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sosa finally hits #600

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Sosa finally hits #600

And appropriately enough he did it against the Cubs.

Congrats to Slammin' Sammy, I wonder if he'll speak in English or Spanish in the post-game interviews?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sosa finally hits #600

At least he waited until after he left GABP to hit it.

Given the snubbing McGwire received from Hall of Famer voters this year, will the fact Sosa came back after a season off and reached the 600 mark mean he will fare any better when the time comes?

For my money, the fourth person in major league history to legitimately hit 600 homers will reach that milestone in September.

And if Griffey reaches the 600 mark this year (or even early next season), does he have 61 more homers in him to surpass Willie Mays at third on the all-time list (fourth if one counts Bonds)?

I saw the home run and the curtain call, but all in all it didn't seem like that big of a deal to the fans. Funny, how Sosa's career has gone the past couple of years. Can he kindly go away now.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    And appropriately enough he did it against the Cubs.

Congrats to Slammin' Sammy, I wonder if he'll speak in English or Spanish in the post-game interviews?
    Not to my surprise he spoke very good english. Those lessons are working.

I always liked sosa as a player but when I started to find out that everything that he did was aided by cheating I started thinking of him as the biggest cheater in the game. I think the way MLB and every media outlet handled this tells you that very few people cared whether he hit 600 or not.

Go Gators!

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I think the way MLB and every media outlet handled this tells you that very few people cared whether he hit 600 or not.
    MLB should do their best to not highlight it b/c they allowed the "cheating" to happen.

I never cared for Sammy mainly b/c he was a Cubs player. And at first I really disliked the supposed users; however, I have softened some on the individuals. They did what MLB choose to ignore. I still don't care much for Sammy as evidenced by me rooting for him to get out everytime he batted for Texas against the REDS. But mainly b/c he is the opponent. I did think less of him as a person for the "leaving the game early incident in his last Cubs game" and a few other things, but as a supposed user... it just seems like he and many others did what they were allowed to do. For that I dislike Bud and all his cronies that were aware.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Turn Off Ads?