Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A's DFA Milton Bradley

Off the schneid

A's DFA Milton Bradley

Per ESPN transactions page, the A's just DFA'd Milton Bradley one day after activating him from the 15 day DL. Not sure of the details why this move was made. Perhaps Beane may be happy playing his youngsters and Milton wasn't excited about becoming a bench guy???

You're the GM.
    With all of the rumors of potentially trading Dunn and/or Griffey, is Bradley a guy you would potentially target to back fill a little offense and hold down an OF spot for a year or so? Discuss among yourselves.....

If I'm the GM - I think I pursue him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: A's DFA Milton Bradley

No thanks, he's a cancer in the club house.

uoduck1017

I honestly don't think Bradley is the type of player this team needs. His skills are not what they used to be and he's had some behavioral problems in the past.

Off the schneid

After taking the time to look at The Baseball Cube, I was a bit surprised to find that Bradley has only played more than 110 games in a season ONE time (2004) in his career. That makes me rethink my earlier statement a bit.

Wow, I would love the have Milton on the team. Especially when you consider Dunn and/or Griffey could be on the way out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

High five!

I don't think we should be playing games with Milton Bradley.

Roster glue

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    I don't think we should be playing games with Milton Bradley.

I think he'd be a solid player across the board.

He could be the piece to the puzzle to help us win.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

High five!

We'd better have a Clue, otherwise we might be Sorry and find ourselves in a dicey situation.

If does join the team, he won't be a Barrel of Monkeys and could get himself into Trouble. He could tear up the clubhouse or a water cooler so badly that it looks like it got hit by a Twister. We could get stuck with this guy like a mouse in a Mouse Trap. But let's face it, the team is not a model of Perfection and needs a major Operation. Some might say the team's starting to sink like a divebombed Battleship. There's no doubt that Bradley, if healthy, could Connect Four or more home runs out of GABP this season, adding some punch to our lineup. I don't think he's Hands Down the best available outfielder, though. But I guess that's Life. Castellini may have Ants in the Pants and figure it's time to start swinging the Axis and Allies will say he's doing the right thing to be proactive.
    Xavier University Football - undefeated since 1973

Quote Originally Posted by boognish View Post

I think he'd be a solid player across the board.

Did you mean to say Borderline?

Quote Originally Posted by cacollinsmba View Post
    If does join the team, he won't be a Barrel of Monkeys and could get himself into Trouble. He could tear up the clubhouse or a water cooler so badly that it looks like it got hit by a Twister. We could get stuck with this guy like a mouse in a Mouse Trap. But let's face it, the team is not a model of Perfection and needs a major Operation. Some might say the team's starting to sink like a divebombed Battleship. There's no doubt that Bradley, if healthy, could Connect Four or more home runs out of GABP this season, adding some punch to our lineup. I don't think he's Hands Down the best available outfielder, though. But I guess that's Life. Castellini may have Ants in the Pants and figure it's time to start swinging the Axis and Allies will say he's doing the right thing to be proactive.
    Now that took some time.

If we could bring Dave Parker out of retirement and tell him to bring his brother, we would have an outfield of Milton Bradley and The Parker Brothers.... (cheap... I know)

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by jmble View Post
    If we could bring Dave Parker out of retirement and tell him to bring his brother, we would have an outfield of Milton Bradley and The Parker Brothers.... (cheap... I know)
    Ow!

If Parker's brother can't cut it, is he a Hasbro?

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan View Post
    Now that took some time.
    It was either work on that or study for the CPA exam.
    Xavier University Football - undefeated since 1973

Turn Off Ads?