Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A's designate Milton Bradley for assignment

Re: A's designate Milton Bradley for assignment

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    I just have a feeling that whoever deals with B. Beane for Bradley will probably end up on the short end of the stick.

Like us, when we gave them Denorfia.
    Funny, I thought we got a semi-tallented young arm (something folks are always clammoring for) and a more long-shot AA arm in return for a 4th outfielder that woln't make a single at bat for this year? Oh yea, we got some cash in the deal too.

How on earth is that "giving away" the great Deno?
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post

Krivsky did it. Therefore it is bad. And it if it does happen to work out he was just lucky because well .. you know.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Funny, I thought we got a semi-tallented young arm (something folks are always clammoring for) and a more long-shot AA arm in return for a 4th outfielder that woln't make a single at bat for this year? Oh yea, we got some cash in the deal too.

I agree. Marcus will be a usable pitcher in the pen. Chris Denorfia's grow on trees for the Reds. Just pick another.
    VBR IS LIVING IN CINCINNATI...I FEEL GOOD!

I am ..more and more...growing tired of WK also...but give me a break on the giving away Deno thing. Can we blame him for the Andujar and Montgomery trades too?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I am ..more and more...growing tired of WK also...but give me a break on the giving away Deno thing. Can we blame him for the Andujar and Montgomery trades too?
    I figure at some point that the trade for Roberto Kelly was really Wayne K.

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Beach Reds View Post
    I agree. Marcus will be a usable pitcher in the pen. Chris Denorfia's grow on trees for the Reds. Just pick another.
    I wish, we could use a few right now.
    Go Gators!

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

A healthy Denorfia will start for the A's next year.

IMO, the A's have better OF depth than we do, as evident with the DFA of Mr. Bradley.

Therefore, if Denorfia will start for the A's, a team with better OF depth than the Reds, he's not a 4th OF.

But then again, neither is Norris Hopper.

He's more like a 6th or 7th.

Don't want the guy...but don't the Reds get first dibbs on any waiver transactions?
    It does pay to have the worst record in biesbol.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

So that Deno * might * start for them next year proves we gave him away how?

Still fuzzy on how getting two arms and cash back for a guy who woln't take a single at-bat this year, and doesn't figure into the Reds plans in the OF (right or wrong) is "giving him away".
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

I guess I'm a little confused as to why the Reds would want him. Have they instituted a new rule that allows for a 4th OFer?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

IMO, the A's have better OF depth than we do, as evident with the DFA of Mr. Bradley.

Therefore, if Denorfia will start for the A's, a team with better OF depth than the Reds, he's not a 4th OF.

Um, exactly how does anything prove they have more outfield depth than we do? I think KGJ, Hamilton, and Dunn would all start over any of their guys, maybe Swisher notwithstanding. Not to mention Bruce and possibly even Votto coming out of the minor leagues, your logic does not hold up AT ALL.

To understand Highlifeman, you must also understand that he is still very upset that Ben Broussard is not the Reds' starting 1B. I think that's all that needs to be said. Chris Denorfia is a fringe major league outfielder. That's all.

I liked the trade then and I like it now.
    Go BLUE!!!

If you ask me the A's have a horiable outfield. They offense is awful and any 3 of the reds outfielders would be one of their best run producers. Without Swisher their outfield doesn't have much punch at all.

Deno = Brady Clark

Within the next 3 yrs or so, Deno will be DFAd.

I love the notion that we got rid of Bradley because we just had too many outfielders. Let's see, too many fielders like Jack Cust? Or too many guys who can hit left-handed like Bobby Kielty? Or too many power hitters like Shannon Stewart? Oh, don't forget Chris Snelling--the one guy who can actually get injured more regularly than Bradley.

Bradley may have been a zero-tool player when injured, but he was a five-tool player on the rare occasions when he did play. And I don't see the A's overstocked on five-tool players.

C'mon, Billy--come up with something we can believe. Like you want your outfielders to have more at-bats than tantrums in an average month. Fair enough.
    http://www.athleticsnation.com/story.../22/01412/1611

http://www.timesonline.com/site/news...d=478568&rfi=6

The Pittsburgh Pirates have strong interest in trading for controversial outfielder Milton Bradley, who was designated for assignment by Oakland on Thursday.

Turn Off Ads?