Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stubbs (scout comment at Midwest League All-star Game)

Re: Stubbs (scout comment at Midwest League All-star Game)

Yes,Turner,Heisey,Phipps,Parker,Rodriguez and Kainer. They are all pretty solid minor leaguers.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't see the talent others do out of the 2006 crop.
    1.Stubbs looks like a flop
    2.The Smith,Webb,Heisey,Parker fluff have done little to impress
    3.Ravin is to young to have a impression
    4.Valakia/Turner look very ordinary. Good BA, poor walk total. I suspect they may struggle more up the ladder.

The frontrunners out of this group are Watson and Roenicke who both have shown power arms and are moving. Roenicke maybe ready by next season and Watson's development could explode next year as he continues to pile up the innings.

Hopefully some others rise. The bats look poor, the arms show more promise. I guess that may be the good thing about the 2006 draft so far. Ravin developing next year would be even better.
    Last edited by Aronchis; 06-25-2007 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post

Why does this surprise no one?

Watson and Roenicke look very strong so far. Ravin is very young and raw, but either he or Gonzalez are the favorites to be the next HS hurler the Reds develop now that Homer has broken the curse.
    Last edited by Benihana; 06-25-2007 at 04:04 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Regarding the Stubbs/Cameron comparisons:

When Cameron was 22, he was putting up .249/.355/.429 in AA. At 23, he put up .300/.402/.600 in AA. At 24 he put in 30 games at AAA (.275/.378/.533). He's been in the majors since.

At 22, Stubbs is putting up .248/.345/.361.... in Low A. The guy is 2 developmental levels behind Cameron. He either needs to put the bat on the ball a lot more (something I'm not sure is possible) or develop massive power.

This year is important, but next year will be the real marker. Either he turns the corner, or he gains bust status.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    1.Stubbs looks like a flop
    2.The Smith,Webb,Heisey,Parker fluff have done little to impress
    3.Ravin is to young to have a impression
    4.Valakia/Turner look very ordinary. Good BA, poor walk total. I suspect they may struggle more up the ladder.

The frontrunners out of this group are Watson and Roenicke who both have shown power arms and are moving. Roenicke maybe ready by next season and Watson's development could explode next year as he continues to pile up the innings.

Hopefully some others rise. The bats look poor, the arms show more promise. I guess that may be the good thing about the 2006 draft so far. Ravin developing next year would be even better.
    I tend to agree with that and that's not to mention that Watson has given up home runs at a decent rate in low A. Not exactly what one would expect given his other numbers. It will be interesting to see what comes of that as he moves up the ladder.

Dayton is losing 13 to 3 today. Stubbs is hitless in 3 trips.

I'm starting to wonder what's going on with this guy. Is that injury acting up? He hasn't had a good hitting game in -- how long?

Their whole team is in a funk at the moment. Gonzalez lost his start the other night and they're going to be headed for 0-6 or 0-7 in the second half.

Having said that, it seems like it's been awhile since Stubbs has had a good game at the plate.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

He went 2-4 with a double on June 22nd.

His numbers for the month of June are dismal. He has a line of .182/.267/.208. A .475 OPS for the month.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    He went 2-4 with a double on June 22nd.

His numbers for the month of June are dismal. He has a line of .182/.267/.208. A .475 OPS for the month.
    don't forget the Gold Glove defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Having said that, it seems like it's been awhile since Stubbs has had a good game at the plate.
    Drew's 2007 YTD Stats

1 extra base hit in the last 10 games (43 ABs)

15 Ks and 5 BBs over that same stretch.

His YTD splits are really disconcerting. He's absolutely atrocious with runners on and / or in scoring position.

John Oliver, Ty Howington, and Chris Gruler look like they're about to have a 4th for cards.

What I am gathering from this thread is that Stubbs was WK's only pick in the draft last year.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    What I am gathering from this thread is that Stubbs was WK's only pick in the draft last year.
    No, there were many other very good picks from last year's draft, we just totally whiffed on the biggest and most expensive of them all.

That's the feeling I'm getting.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

No, there were many other very good picks from last year's draft, we just totally whiffed on the biggest and most expensive of them all.

Yes, teams never miss on first round picks.

I bet Beane is still crying over missing on Brad Sulliven in the 2003 draft

It doesn't help that they passed on Linceum to take Stubbs....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

O'Brien: Bailey, Bruce
    Krivsky: Stubbs

Says a lot

Turn Off Ads?