Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joey Votto's arrival in Cincinnati

Re: Joey Votto's arrival in Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM View Post
    I have heard alot about trading hatte lately, IMO I would keep him and Conine both even with votto up. Next season we are going to be short of bench players and I would take Hatte and conine off of the bench over anyone we will sign to fill the job next year.
    During the Angel series Rex Hudler, an Angels broadcaster and former teammate of Conine, said that Conine told him he would retire after this season.

For what that's worth. (shrug)

Rem

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    Did anybody catch the "Ask Hal" segment in the DDN where Hal McCoy said that a NL scout for another told him that he doubts Votto can hit in the majors? The scout also told him that his team would love to get Hatteburg.
    That makes no sense. The scout wants Hatteburg, then he should be building up Votto. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    That makes no sense. The scout wants Hatteburg, then he should be building up Votto. What am I missing?
    Agreed. There must be more to the story. To finish the sentence, "that he doubts Votto can hit in the majors... until he is called up!"

The irony of the Hatteberg/Votto story is that most people didn't think Hatteberg could hit in the majors, and some still don't.

Without knowing who the scout is, It is very hard to give his opinion any credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    Did anybody catch the "Ask Hal" segment in the DDN where Hal McCoy said that a NL scout for another told him that he doubts Votto can hit in the majors? The scout also told him that his team would love to get Hatteburg.
    Some scouts are tools. Votto hits the ball with authority to all fields, has great plate discipline, and has a great head on his shoulders. The kid will be a great major league hitter very soon. Bet on it.

The scout probably said that because of Votto's horrid swing. It's painful to watch sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Swings are not always pretty to watch. As long as the swing works for the player, keep it.

When can we see Votto in Cincinnati? I wince every time I see Hatteberg or Conine swing the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    When can we see Votto in Cincinnati? I wince every time I see Hatteberg or Conine swing the bat.
    There are many things about this team that should make you wince: Ross, the bullpen, etc. But Hatteburg and Conine shouldn't rank that high.

As GAC posted in ORG:

The 1B tandem of Hatte/Conine has put up good numbers... .285 BA, .360 OB%, .444 SLG%, 11 Hrs, 46 RBIs.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    There are many things about this team that should make you wince: Ross, the bullpen, etc. But Hatteburg and Conine shouldn't rank that high.
    They have been good enough to be middle of the pack in the NL. Not great but not bad either.

Reds 1B NL ranks:

BA: 7th
    OBP: 10th
    SLG: 8th
    HR: 8th
    RBI: 9th

Turn Off Ads?