Turn Off Ads?

Thread: question about tickets

question about tickets

writing this kind of thing may be against the rules of the board. if it is i apoligize beforehand.

feel a little silly writing this cause i used to know how to work things and get things done. here's the situation...my dad is getting older. every year we go to a reds game and try to do it up. this year i'd like to get diamond seats, but i have a question or 2:

1. i notice when viewing the game that these seats are often empty. is it possible to buy 2 seats or are these season ticket holder seats where folks haven't showed up?

2. is it possible to scalp 2 diamond tickets for below cost (i understand it would depend on demand)? anybody been able to scalp the tickets and get a good deal? do parking passes come with it-typically?

3. i know they come and take your order at the seat--are there any other advantages from sitting there?

if anyone has advice on how to get those seats at or below cost i would greatly appreciate it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: question about tickets

I'm not entirely sure, as I have never sat there. But just looking at tickets on reds.com, it seems that you can purchase them. It might be difficult for certain games, I don't know. I'd imagine you could get good prices at or close to game time from a scalper for these seats, but I doubt it helps much in advance.

They are available for purchase, and are sometimes available on eBay.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    3. i know they come and take your order at the seat--are there any other advantages from sitting there?
    The seats are wider than most and are padded.

There is in-seat service, as you've noted.

Food and drink are included in the price.

You get exclusive access to a dining room and lounge under the seats.

Inside the dining room is a gourmet buffet and a window that lets you look into the tunnel the players use to move between the clubhouse and the dugout.

You get a parking pass that lets you park very close to an exclusive Diamond-seat-only entrance to the park (that is accessible from the garage).

You get to talk on your cell phone while waving at the TV camera for nine innings.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    The seats are wider than most and are padded.

There is in-seat service, as you've noted.

Food and drink are included in the price.

You get exclusive access to a dining room and lounge under the seats.

Inside the dining room is a gourmet buffet and a window that lets you look into the tunnel the players use to move between the clubhouse and the dugout.

You get a parking pass that lets you park very close to an exclusive Diamond-seat-only entrance to the park (that is accessible from the garage).

You get to talk on your cell phone while waving at the TV camera for nine innings.

Don't let the word "gourmet" fool you about the buffet

Isn't there a pre-game meeting with Narron as he explains how the game should be played and how he formulates his strategies, thus making it all clear?
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

they have a vomitorium?

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    Don't let the word "gourmet" fool you about the buffet
    Picture the people who own Diamond Seats. Now picture those people eating slop. Not easy, is it?
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    Picture the people who own Diamond Seats. Now picture those people eating slop. Not easy, is it?
    Richard from Indian Hill at the pig trough. Sweet.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I sit in the Diamonds once a season. Never tried ebay or scalpers. I just get them at the ticket office or Reds.com on-line.

Redsland pretty much nailed it - of course he might've taken that straight off the Reds website (well except for the cell phone thing).

Although I think the parking pass comes only with season tix.

It's fun. Go for it.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

I've never sat in those seats, but have you considered the $50 club seats as an alternative? Granted, you aren't as close to the field, but you still get the added amenities of access to the Club 4192 where you can relax in air conditioned (or heated) bliss, very nice clean restrooms, and they take your food order from your seat. Food and beverages are not included in the price, but who is going to eat $200 worth of food?! I think the club seats give you good 'bang for your buck' without being too devastating to the old pocket book.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Richard from Indian Hill at the pig trough. Sweet.
    I'm not a violent person, but I could make an exception in that case.

Turn Off Ads?