Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classic Griffey moments...

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Classic Griffey moments...

Feel free to add other moments!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAvszXODmPQ

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/griffe...ubID=27&Page=1

http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/cont...0/c2038405.jsp

"The smile under the pile" - 1995 NLDS vs Yankees....Game 5...Mariners win, Griffey scores the winning run.

Last edited by Matt700wlw; 06-22-2007 at 03:25 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Classic Griffey moments...

I can't find the one I like.

The Nike commercial with 'the kid's got an arm'.

Featured no less than three ex or current Reds (Griffey, Bobby Ayala, & Paul O'Neill.)
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

There is a life-sized panorama at Safeco featuring Griffey sliding into home with the winning run in the team's 1995 ALDS victory over the Yankees.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    "The smile under the pile" - 1995 NLDS vs Yankees....Game 5...Mariners win, Griffey scores the winning run.

I will never forget where I was when that happened. It was the day my dad got released from the hospital after having a heart transplant.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Even though our season is going down the toilet, its nice to see Junior healthy again!!!! Here's to our All Star......one of our bright spots this year.

He's the reason this ever happened....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7zTq1Qs1vI

Here's the "smile under the pile"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pblpbxWMfNU

Where it all started...
    Attached Files Attached Files

I remember that 95 game, my love of JR and hate of the yankees was born in the same game
    Go Gators!

Wow, those photos really brought back memories. It's hard for me to realize that I was ten years old when Junior made his MLB debut. Think about this: that was almost two years before the Reds won their last World Series.

Good god, that smile. There was a time when he was just a god on earth. he still does pretty well for himself in my opinion
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    It's hard for me to realize that I was ten years old when Junior made his MLB debut.
    I was in college. Thanks a lot.

While walking into work last night, 700 was playing a sound bite of the back-to-backer homers that Senior and Junior hit.
    The guy who put that together did a great job - even got the Seattle announcers doing a "what if..." after Senior hit his while Junior was up. Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Here's the "smile under the pile"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pblpbxWMfNU
    I don't care what team you're a fan of - if you're a fan of the game, those are simply classic moments that give anyone goosebumps to watch.

I wouldn't want to see Jr at the bottom of a pile today though. I don't think he'd be smiling.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I have a fiew pre-Reds Griffey memories. First of all, I saw him play quite a few times in high school. We didn't go to the same school, but we graduated the same year and our schools played each other a couple times. It's easy to look back and say we all knew he would be great, but I think there was a feeling that we were seeing someone special.

The first time I saw him play live was at County Stadium in Milwaukee against the Brewers when they were still in the AL. That was in the mid 90s when the Mariners had that great lineup with Jr., ARod, and the like. ARod hit one out that game and Griffey hit one down the line that hit off the top of the foul pole. When it left his bat he wasn't the only one standing and watching it. The fielders were doing the same thing. The pitcher kind of shrugged and the fielders all just turned around to watch.

You know, we might as well enjoy watching him now and we might as well enjoy the memories we have. When we're all old and gray we're all going to be telling the young folks how we got to see one of the greats play.

Turn Off Ads?