Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Application for Old Red Guard Access Now Works

Application for Old Red Guard Access Now Works

All,

You can now request to join the Old Red Guard forum directly from your User CP (under Miscellaneous | Group Memberships). Please note that the minimum requirements for application are six months of membership and 200 posts. Additionally, each user can only be voted upon once every three months, so if you are not voted in, you will have to wait another three months so that sufficient time passes before you can apply again. The minimum requirements for an ORG member to nominate you are three months of membership and 100 posts.

Voting runs for 72 hours and you will be contacted if at least 75% of a minimum of 50 total ORG votes approve your application or nomination. If possible, we will do our best to provide users with a reason as to why they did not make the vote (but only if this information is obvious from the discussion thread).

If someone has already nominated you for ORG access, your application will be ignored. All nominations take precedent over applications. Finally, applications are processed on a first come, first served basis, and as of right now, we're not allowing more than five concurrent candidates at a time. If you have any questions, please let me know.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Application for Old Red Guard Access Now Works

6 months.

Here's to hoping I get in the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

The Post Quick Reply works too.

Technology. WOW!!

I went through and processed several people who applied starting with the earliest. Voting lasts for 72 hours, so after these are done, I'll post the next group of users in the appropriate forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I went through and processed several people who applied starting with the earliest. Voting lasts for 72 hours, so after these are done, I'll post the next group of users in the appropriate forum.
    Where did you post these? Are those who applied able to see it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Where did you post these? Are those who applied able to see it?
    No, this is in a separate forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    All,

You can now request to join the Old Red Guard forum directly from your User CP (under Miscellaneous | Group Memberships). Please note that the minimum requirements for application are six months of membership and 200 posts. Additionally, each use can only be voted upon once every six months, so if you are not voted in, you will have to wait another six months so that sufficient time passes before you can apply again. The minimum requirements for an ORG member to nominate you are three months of membership and 100 posts.

If someone has already nominated you for ORG access, your application will be ignored. Voting runs for 72 hours and you will be contacted only if at least 75% of a minimum of 50 total ORG votes approve your application or nomination. Finally, applications and nominations are on a first come, first served basis, and as of right now, we're not allowing more than five concurrent candidates at a time. If you have any questions, please let me know.
    Is The Application membership free????
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    Is The Application membership free????
    Yes

When the voting process is over, will we be able to see how we did? If we don't get in, will we be able to get feedback as too why people voted against us?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    When the voting process is over, will we be able to see how we did? If we don't get in, will we be able to get feedback as too why people voted against us?
    So they are voting on everybody at the sametime or just the ones that got nomanated??

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    So they are voting on everybody at the sametime or just the ones that got nomanated??
    Not sure. I thought I read somewhere that they could vote on 5 members at a time... but I might be wrong. I applied yesterday, but have not been notified as to whether I am currently undergoing "upgrade review" for the ORG. It's kind of nerve wracking... as an academic, I never expected to have to go through a tenure process on my internet baseball forum!

Still, I applaud the change. It's a bold revision, but one that might pay big dividends for the site quality in the future. Although I didn't join the site in time to benefit from the early years of posting after the Griffey trade, I understand why older members may have been discouraged by the upswell of chaos and trash talking in both the ORG and RL.

My only frustration is that as an unwitting product of the "new" (more snarky and confrontational than desired) RedsZone circa 2006, I may have stepped on some toes that I didn't intend to... oh well, I suppose there's always the chance to reapply after six months if I don't get in right away.
    Last edited by RedEye; 05-23-2007 at 12:57 AM.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Yeah I applied yesterday also and I hav'nt heard nothing either. This makes my second time going threw this so if I make it then I make it and if I don't then I don't.

I made it to the big leagues once!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Not sure. I thought I read somewhere that they could vote on 5 members at a time... but I might be wrong. I applied yesterday, but have not been notified as to whether I am currently undergoing "upgrade review" for the ORG. It's kind of nerve wracking... as an academic, I never expected to have to go through a tenure process on my internet baseball forum!

Still, I applaud the change. It's a bold revision, but one that might pay big dividends for the site quality in the future. Although I didn't join the site in time to benefit from the early years of posting after the Griffey trade, I understand why older members may have been discouraged by the upswell of chaos and trash talking in both the ORG and RL.

My only frustration is that as an unwitting product of the "new" (more snarky and confrontational than desired) RedsZone circa 2006, I may have stepped on some toes that I didn't intend to... oh well, I suppose there's always the chance to reapply after six months if I don't get in right away.
    It was posted somewhere that we won't know anything unless we are voted into the ORG. I do know that they are only voting on 5 at a time and I think those 5 are up for 72 hours. So since there are probably a lot of people who have applied it could be a while before some of us are even voted on. I mean if I was the let's say 20th person to apply it would be 9 days before I was even up for vote. And I'd have to guess that there are far more than 20 that have applied already. I have no actual info on this stuff, it's just the way I understand it and how I've tried to figure it out for myself. I could be way off.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    It was posted somewhere that we won't know anything unless we are voted into the ORG. I do know that they are only voting on 5 at a time and I think those 5 are up for 72 hours. So since there are probably a lot of people who have applied it could be a while before some of us are even voted on. I mean if I was the let's say 20th person to apply it would be 9 days before I was even up for vote. And I'd have to guess that there are far more than 20 that have applied already. I have no actual info on this stuff, it's just the way I understand it and how I've tried to figure it out for myself. I could be way off.
    Yep Razor,I say you are right!!

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I'm assuming that if you are voted in, you'll then be able to see the forum where the polling is conducted and thus be able to see how you fared.

Turn Off Ads?